[Clip] Re: Bugette ^!IfClipExist

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 1999
      3/21/1999 8:48 AM Eric G.V. Fookes wrote
      > You shouldn't use ^!FarClip to call a Clip within the same library.
      > Although it will work in most cases, it will cost you in performance. If a
      > Clip in an external library is executed with the ^!FarClip command, all
      > ^!Clip commands contained in it are automatically converted to ^!FarClip
      > instructions.

      That does not appear to be happening. I've got a clip that
      calls another to fill a variable for use in a wizard. When
      I use ^!Clip & call it from a ^!FarClip, I get a blank
      wizard but when I change the ^!Clip to ^!FarClip in the clip
      that's being called from a FarClip, it works as expected
      (until the clip gets to IfClipExist & GetClipText).

      Another strange thing is that
      ^!FarClip "_ClipHelp:^%p_Select%" works
      ^!FarClip "_ClipHelp: ^%p_Select%" doesn't work
      ^!Clip " ^%p_Select%" works

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips