Adding the date to the file name of a file

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2001
      Is it possible to use a clip to add the current system date to the
      selected NTS file? For example: change myfile.txt to
      myfile_2001-03-24.txt.

      If it is possible, please don't write the clip for me. Just tell me
      if it can be done.

      I want to write it myself so that I can learn how to write clips but I
      don't want to start with something that can't be done.

      Thank you in advance for all replies. Please remember I don't want
      you to write the clip for me.
      --
      Most of the time when you tell someone that their product or
      service is defective their first and usually only response is