capture multiline text to a variable?

  • dandiebolt@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 7:52 PM
      How do you capture multiline text to a variable?

      When the following text:

      first
      second
      third

      is provided to the following clip:

      H="Capture Multiline Text"
      ^!Set %Text%=^?[(T=W;H=10)Enter Text]
      ^!Info ^%Text%

      "first" is displayed in the dialog box and

      second
      third

      is placed in the file.

      I want to place all three lines in the file.

      Thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 8:50 PM
        Hi dandiebolt,

        I do not know what you are asking, maybe this will help:

        ^!Set %Text%=^?{(T=W;H=10)Enter Text=first^psecond^pthird^p^p^$GetText$}
        ^!Info [L]^%Text%

        >How do you capture multiline text to a variable?
        >
        >When the following text:
        >
        >first
        >second
        >third
        >
        >is provided to the following clip:
        >
        >H="Capture Multiline Text"
        >^!Set %Text%=^?[(T=W;H=10)Enter Text]
        >^!Info ^%Text%
        >
        >"first" is displayed in the dialog box and
        >
        >second
        >third
        >
        >is placed in the file.
        >
        >I want to place all three lines in the file.

        http://www.notetab.net

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Alan C.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 9:56 PM
          Hi,

          >H="Capture Multiline Text"
          >^!Set %Text%=^?[(T=W;H=10)Enter Text]
          >^!Info ^%Text%

          <snip>

          >I want to place all three lines in the file.

          H="multiline"
          ^!SetWizardTitle "Type words on multiple lines"
          ^!Set %stuff%=^?{(T=M)Multi line capable=}
          ;^!InsertText ^%stuff%
          ^!Info ^%stuff%
          ;--<end<<

          I tried the above. Can type a word then strike the enter key, type another word and repeat. Text format remains unchanged in the variable

          From help: Clip Language - Clip Wizard and Fields

          T=M Type is multiline control without word wrap. Only use with the "^?{...}" field format
          T=W Type is multiline control with word wrap. Only use with the "^?{...}" field format

          bye. Alan.