Re: [Clip] Replace spaces

  • Ben Geyer
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi Manuel,

      On 3 Mar 2001, at 0:17, Manuel wrote:

      > MANUEL
      > Hi, all.
      >
      > How can I replace two or more spaces with a single space?

      Here is a short loop that keeps on replacing two spaces with one until there are
      no more instances of two spaces:

      H=Replace excess spaces
      ^!Replace " " >> " " AWS
      ^!IfError END ELSE Skip_-1

      I think that should work OK for you,

      Ben
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2001
        Hello Manuel,

        >How can I replace two or more spaces with a single space?

        The fastest method is to use the Modify|Spaces|Single Space menu command.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2001
          Hi Eric and Manuel,

          >> How can I replace two or more spaces with a single space?
          >
          >The fastest method is to use the Modify|Spaces|Single Space menu
          >command.

          For some reason I was thinking that only did like one pass
          through at a time, but it does get them all. So, it may be
          quicker to do it like that, but you have to use for your Clip if
          that is what you are using it in and most of us prefer to stay
          away from Keyboard commands when other commands are available:

          ^!Keyboard Alt+M S S

          A Clip on the default Clipbar for that is faster than manually
          doing it whether you use ^!Replace with RegExp or with a Skip_-1
          or ^!Keyboard. <g>

          I know what I was thinking of though and it was Trim Blanks under
          Modify | Lines. That is useful too at times, but again I prefer
          using Replace for better accuracy and precise spaces of lines.

          http://www.notetab.net

          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips