Re: [Clip] A tip for newbies

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi Ben,

      >Some time ago I got a copy of Jody's Tab2Spaces clip. I don't
      >recall exactly where I got it, but it was from the internet
      >somewhere.

      That is actually Claes' Clip as stated in the Clip, but I do not
      get any errors here in Pro or Light. Perhaps it is the browser
      you are using. I just got it off of my Snatch-A-Clip to test
      using NetCaptor. http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm

      ; Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:50:22 +0200
      ; Subject: Re: [Clip] Making a table
      ; Input data must have columns separated by either a tab
      ; character or two or more blanks. If you want to have a gap
      ; in the table, ie an empty cell followed by non-empty
      ; cell(s), you have to use tabs as column separators around
      ; that cell. Regards /Claes

      >It had numerous errors when I tried to run it. When I finally
      >got around to trouble shooting it I found that all of the errors
      >were caused by just one extra space at the end of perhaps half a
      >dozen lines. When these spaces (many were at the end of a label)
      >were removed the clip ran just fine.

      That would certainly mess it up. ;) I don't know how they got
      there unless it was your browser, perhaps my HTML, or maybe a
      real old version, ah, perhaps you got it at eGroups or
      YahooGroups. If that is the case, always use their View Source
      link if it is still there from eGroups, but:

      >Happy Tab'n - Newbie Ben

      How long you gonna stay a newbie Ben? <bg>

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips