[Clip] Re: ^!Help

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 21 10:20 AM
      Hi Eric, Wayne, and Granny,

      >>^!Set %Get%=^$GetSelection$

      >It already does what you want at this stage. In other words,
      >if the selection contains Clip code it will not be interpreted.
      >The code will be stored as is in the variable. But it will get
      >executed once you try to use the variable ^%Get%

      OK, I can see it does what I want in my disable example, but not
      the final outcome. I and I know at least Granny have spent hours
      in vain trying to figure out a way without editing the code in the
      text to figure out a way to get around this.

      True, ^$Get doesn't act upon the code, but once we try to do
      anything with it does.

      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^!InsertText ^
      ^!InsertText ?{Like it's a real bummer dude. :(}
      ^!ToolBar Copy All
      ^!AppendToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$TestGet.txt" ^$GetClipBoard$

      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^!InsertText ^
      ^!InsertText ?{:-(}
      ^!Select All
      ^!AppendToFile "^$GetDocumentPath$TestGet.txt" ^$GetSelection$

      On the brighter side Copy [All]/Paste etc. will work on an open
      document:

      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^!InsertText ^
      ^!InsertText ?{Better than nothing! :)}
      ^!ToolBar Copy All
      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^!Paste

      And on even a brighter note - quit your gripping Jody - you have
      some most excellent features in version 4.6!!! Way to many to get
      into, but one of my favorite simple and very useful ones is being
      able to double click "Replace with" and get the "Find what"
      criteria inserted in. What a time saver!!! Thank you very much
      for all the new features!

      C ya,
      Jody Adair

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/