Re: [Clip] Postie

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4 2:33 PM
      You can also get POSTIE at INFRADIG:

      http://www.infradig.com/infradig/postie/index.shtml

      ... Cindy ...

      At 01:02 PM 02/28/2001 +0100, you wrote:
      >Hi Jody and Stephen,
      >
      >At 07:32 2001-02-28, you wrote:
      > > >I downloaded Postie, the command-line mail application a couple
      > >
      > >There was one a long time ago done by, uh, he hardly ever posts
      > >anymore - forgot his name...
      >

      >Genn Dixon? The library is here:
      ><http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/clipworld/clips/postie.zip>http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/clipworld/clips/postie.zip
      >
      >Lotta

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=163100.1330039.2920210.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700007389:N/A=524804/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=2629>
      >Click here for Classmates.com

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2001
        Hi everybody,
        I downloaded Postie, the command-line mail application a couple of weeks
        ago.
        Figured out I could learn something trying to make it work.
        I'm learning something...
        Does anyone out there have any clips for it? I can retrieve messages
        fine but posting seems to not work right.
        If any one has some it might jump start my learning curve.
        Thanks Stephen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2001
          Hi Stephen,

          >I downloaded Postie, the command-line mail application a couple
          >of weeks ago.
          >Figured out I could learn something trying to make it work. I'm
          >learning something...
          >Does anyone out there have any clips for it? I can retrieve
          >messages fine but posting seems to not work right.

          There was one a long time ago done by, uh, he hardly ever posts
          anymore - forgot his name... anyway, search the Clipbook
          Repository: http://www.notetab.com/libraries.htm

          I have one that needs work and has not been worked on for a
          couple years. I don't even know if I still have the link up for
          it, but the file is probably still there. Check out my site
          below on the Libraries page under old and worn out Libraries, if
          I even still have that up.

          Happy NoteTab'n,
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2001
            Hi Jody,
            Thank you,
            I could not find anything that looked like Postie on the repository. I
            downloaded the NTPost library from your site.
            Thank you for helping me learn stuff, brother,
            Stephen

          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2001
              Hi Jody and Stephen,

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2001
                Hi Lotta and Stephen,

                >Genn Dixon? The library is here:
                >http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/clipworld/clips/postie.zip

                Yep that's the one, thanks for posting. ;)

                >I could not find anything that looked like Postie on the
                >repository. I downloaded the NTPost library from your site.
                >Thank you for helping me learn stuff, brother,

                You're welcome!-) When I first made the Library I was attempting
                to make like a regular mail program with it, mailboxes and all.
                I think it has a few small quirks if I remember correctly. I
                finally got tired of playing with it and abandoned it to the
                grave yard of the "old and word out stuff." <g>

                http://www.notetab.net

                http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
              • Stephen
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2001
                  Thanks Lotta,
                  Just downloaded it.
                  Stephen
                • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2001
                    Okay, okay, just what is Postie? I had never heard of it before this
                    recent series of posts about it. Even so, I am still not sure what it is
                    and what it does.

                    Regards,

                    Wayland Fowler
                    Software Engineer (and all around nice guy!)
                    (281) 280-4446

                    Stephen
                    <stephen@bluene To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
                    ptune.com> cc:
                    Subject: Re: [Clip] Postie
                    03/01/01 12:16
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to ntb-clips

                    Thanks Lotta,
                    Just downloaded it.
                    Stephen

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Click Here to Find Software Faster

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 1, 2001
                      Hi Wayland,

                      >Okay, okay, just what is Postie? I had never heard of it before
                      >this recent series of posts about it. Even so, I am still not
                      >sure what it is and what it does.

                      It is a commandline driven mail utility. There are no windows,
                      (except for the DOS console if not hidden by Clips), just mainly
                      and input/output thing. Please post to the Off-Topic list for
                      more discussion about it. Thanks!

                      Happy Topics,
                      Jody

                      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
                    • wheeler54321@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 1, 2001
                        --- In ntb-clips@y..., Wayland_B_Fowler@R... wrote:

                        > Okay, okay, just what is Postie? I had never heard of it before
                        this
                        > recent series of posts about it. Even so, I am still not sure what
                        it is
                        > and what it does.

                        Hi -

                        I did not know either - Cindy sent us to this page earlier:
                        You can also get POSTIE at INFRADIG:

                        http://www.infradig.com/infradig/postie/index.shtml

                        ... Cindy ...

                        and click on "much more"