Re: [Clip] another clip question?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2001
      Hi Harvey,

      >Just getting up or going to bed after the move?

      Getting ready for a few hours of sleep. Sorry about my date
      being wrong; my CMOS is not staying set and I forgot to change it
      before sending mail..

      >Are the commands parsed and executed line by line or are they
      >completed at the very end when I click on OK? I'm trying to
      >determine if I could rearrange these, for instance, 25 Set
      >commands followed by 25 Replace commands and then repeat that, 25
      >Sets - 25 Replaces. The logic behind this is, if I ever use this
      >clip on a computer with limited memory can I save a few bytes by
      >splitting these functions into smaller groups.

      You can so what you want o do. To make it a shorter script you
      can put the variables in an array. It depends on the code for
      the most part on how it is evaluated and parsed. This is from
      Help, Clip Language - Introduction:

      Parsing and evaluation sequence

      A. Whole Clip

      1. Comments removed
      2. Date fields evaluated ^[...^] (old format)
      3. Text selection inserted if ^& found
      4. ^!CONTINUE command executed if on first line
      5. Clip wizard based on ^?[...] fields displayed
      6. Mathematical fields evaluated ^$[...] (old format)

      B. Line by line

      1. Variables resolved (from right to left)
      2. Document name using ^*, ^**, ^#, ^## codes resolved
      3. Functions resolved (from right to left)
      4. Clip wizard based on ^?{...} fields in line displayed
      5. Clip Command executed

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips