Re: [Clip] Clip Wrapper

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18 5:13 PM
      Hi Don,

      I do not like to see the ;long line comments in the code, makes
      it ugly and a lot of time they are not true, that is the lines do
      not get split when people are guessing that they might or they
      might get split on some machines and not others so for the most
      part the ;long line info cannot be trusted anyway. I don't even
      pay attention to the stuff when people add it anyway. I would
      not expect people to look at mine either when and if I do add it.
      I don't want to slow my Clip down any at all doing guess work in
      the sense that say 72 characters might be really short on some
      machines. Plus, it would have to be better than just ;long line
      and I will not use start/end because that is now double ugly
      extra code -haha. So, I would have to write the script to find
      the hard break and get so much of the end of the line and then
      make my ; long line till ..." but then I would have to edit it so
      it was a clean break and it is simply not worth all the extra to
      me. In other words, I will not conform. hehe Others can do it
      if they wish and I am sure there are those that appreciate it.

      I do not think it reduces problems much, because it is a matter
      whether the person knows a bit of Clipping or not. I do believe
      that most people are smart enough to choose Edit Clip and look at
      it and see that some lines don't look right. It is good for
      them. I do not like being Microsoftish hand feeding everybody
      all the way because they don't grow as much like that.

      Seldom do we here about the long lines and once it comes out for
      awhile and discussed we do not hear about it for another six
      moths or so. There are a number of people that do not mark their
      long lines and people just learn how to prevent the problems.
      Syntax errors and code being pasted into documents is a good
      indication on where to start looking too. <bg>

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips