Re: [Clip] Re: Clip Wrapper

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2001
      Hi Don,

      >trying to read through the clip wrapper does it mark long lines
      >with a comment before and after? if not should be easy to
      >add....it seems....but I wasn't seeing it

      No, I do not like using those and purposely omitted it. what is
      a long line on one machine is a very short line on another. Long
      lines don't make a difference in some cases either. I send all
      my mail with word wrap off and no hard breaks. After it leaves
      here a number of things can happen though. Sometimes I add a
      ";long line until ..." manually, but haven't been messing with it
      lately too much.

      I find that if one knows a little bit about scripting they know
      how to look for long lines and fix them. If they don't, then it
      is hard for them to fix it anyway. I just put the Clips into a
      Library and turn word wrap off then look for black text. Most
      the time, black text will mean that the line(s) need to be
      wrapped up. Most the time, Join Lines will work for that, but
      sometimes not - it might mess the Clip up, so I normally put my
      cursor in front of the black line and back space.

      The best method for somebody to use that does not know the
      scripting language is go to YahooGroups and find the post then
      source). Then they can copy the Clip the way it was sent. If it
      is one of mine or anybody that can control the hard breaks (not)
      in their eMail program then they will get a perfect Clip copy.

      Anyway, most of this stuff will be obsolete when version 5 comes
      out because we will be able to use code to split the lines before
      they get too long and get split in the mail.

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips