Re: [Clip] Possible Auto-Replace Bug?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2001
      Hi Paul,

      >From time to time (just now) I will open a new document, begin
      >typing and then try to use one of my Auto-Replace clips, but it
      >does not work. I right-click in the library pane, and Auto-
      >Replace is checked, but the function does not work until I un-
      >check it and check it again.

      When you only use the Auto-Replace in the Clipbook itself, you
      need to save it after checking it for it to be there the next
      time after entering the Library again. If you open the Clip
      Editor [Clip], and check Auto-Replace you will see it change to
      an unsaved state. I suspect you might be closing the Library by
      whatever means and when you get prompted to save changes you
      choose No not know what changes you may have made. Therefore,
      when you go back to use it again it is a regular Library and not
      an Auto-Replace Library. If you open the Library as a document
      from the combo box you will see it designated as Auto-Replace if
      it is:

      = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace NoSorting TabWidth=30

      Wheeler also mentioned checking it from the Tools menu which
      basically makes all Libraries Auto-Replace when they are active.
      They are not marked as Auto-Replace in the header though. Note
      that the two operate independently of each other and do not have
      the same behavior.

      All of that was to say if you want the Library to always be an
      Auto-Replace Library, then do a Save Now from the content menu or
      Save when the Clip Editor is focused.

      >As a matter of protocol, should suspected bugs like this be sent
      >directly to Eric or is it appropriate to post them here?

      If you know it is a bug, then send it to Bugs@... or
      ntb-NextRelease, but if you are not sure, then please try to
      remember to post on the ntb-NextRelease list with is especially
      for bug reporting and feature requests.

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips