does everyone know this already?

  • Michael Edmonson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2001
      I was using NTP file wizard / memo boxes and wanted to set a default path, I was puzzled for a while untill i remebered how drop down menus work in NTP (Caption=value1|value2..ect) so i did the same in the memo field and presto it worked!

      example :
      ^Set %myFile%=^?{(T=O;S=M;F="Internet Related (*.txt;*.htm;*.html;*.shtml)
      (line break inserted here)
      |*.txt;*.htm;*.html;*.shtml")What File=C:\MYFILES\TEXT\};

      where "What File=" is followed by a path WITH an ending slash.

      I hope someone finds this minute revolation usefull

      Michael Edmonson

      PS. alan your stuff on indexing is very cool

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2001
        Hi Michael,

        You lost me. What am I suppose to see? I was thinking you found
        a way to add a drop down list to a browse type wizard. I tried
        is with and without line break(s). Without it acts as I would
        expect showing the file filters in the open dialog and with I just
        get a messed up file filter box in the open dialog.

        >^Set %myFile%=^?{(T=O;S=M;F="Internet Related (*.txt;*.htm;*.html;*.shtml)
        >(line break inserted here)
        >|*.txt;*.htm;*.html;*.shtml")What File=C:\MYFILES\TEXT\};

        http://www.notetab.net

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Michael Edmonson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2001
          no all i was saying was that it gives you a default path to start from in
          the dialog box when you start the clip (by the way the ^!Set command needs
          an "!" I left it out i assume you fixed it)

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2001
            Hi Michael,

            >no all i was saying was that it gives you a default path to start
            >from in the dialog box when you start the clip (by the way the
            >^!Set command needs an "!" I left it out i assume you fixed it)

            I was just looking at the wizard. Yes, you can add default paths
            to the browse type wizards, but only one. You have to use a
            regular list box in order to put multiple paths in. You can use
            variables and values from ini files as well if you use braces for
            the wizards.