Lack of list speed

  • Luuk.Houwen@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 5, 2001
      bout an hour ago (22.30 GMT+1) I sent to mails to this group, none have so
      far gone through. What is up?

      Luuk
    • Manuel
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2001
        (Cita de Jody)
        >Don't you think or can't you get something like this to work with
        >the rest of the code?

        Its work ok and it's more easy that my clip :-(

        Append the codedate to the file
        c:\Jody.txt --> c:\Joyd-010205.txt

        I like the idea becasue we are put a code such as -OLD or -ABC -B
        to mark severaly files at the end of the name, then we can find files
        *-ABC* , etc.

        rename with append codedate
        ^!Set %Name%=^$GetName(^$GetDocName$)$
        ^!Set %Current%=^##
        ^!Close ^%Current%
        ^!RenameFile "^%Current%" "^%Name%-^$GetDate(yymmdd)$.^%ExtType%"
        ; ^!Delay 1 if needed
        ^!Open "^%Name%^$GetDate(yymmdd)$.^%ExtType%"
        ---
        Manuel
        manuel123@...
        - Cursos por email:Windows,Navegador,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
        TambiƩn para ciegos.
        http://manuel123.8m.com
      • Harvey R. Savage
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 7, 2001
          Elizabeth Wild wrote:

          > Jody,
          >
          > I was reasonably sure that the problem was that I was trying to Rename without closing the file. > However, my brain was to tired to explore that possibility. I also did
          > the with the Save AS, because if I (personally) would use dates in file names when I wanted to be > able to track/save changes. I would then just need to eliminate
          > the Destroy line.
          >
          > Elizabeth

          Hi Elizabeth,

          If you haven't solved the codedate task yet here is my attempt.

          hrs

          Long lines separated by blank lines so you can unwrap if
          necessary.

          You can delete the commented lines if you want, it's a much
          shorter clip that way.

          If it dowsn't work first time try changing the delay up and down.

          H="Date/Time to Filename"
          ;-either ^!Set pair works!
          ;-this operates on the focused doc.
          ;---
          ^!Set %old%="^$GetPath(^##)$^$GetName(^##)$^$GetExt(^##)$"

          ^!Set
          %new%="^$GetPath(^##)$^$GetName(^##)$_^$GetDate(mmddyy_hhnnss)$^$GetExt(^##)$"
          ;---
          ;^!Set %old%="^$GetDocumentPath$^$GetName(^##)$^$GetExt(^##)$"

          ;^!Set
          %new%="^$GetDocumentPath$^$GetName(^##)$_^$GetDate(mmddyy_hhnnss)$^$GetExt(^##)$"
          ;---
          ^!RenameFile "^%old%" "^%new%"
          ;---
          ;-Depending on computer and disk speed
          ;-Delay may need to increase
          ^!Delay 2
          ;---
          ^!Close Discard
          ^!Open ^%new%
          ^!Clearvariables
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 7, 2001
            Hi Harvey

            >If you haven't solved the codedate task yet here is my attempt.

            Thanks, but I never did think there was a problem. ;) We were
            just discussing different methods mainly. Now, Manuel has
            another to work with, but he posted what he needed. I guess
            everybody is happy now and you made your version too. :)

            http://www.notetab.net

            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips