RE: [Clip] Need to extract surnames

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2001
      Hi Adam and Martha,

      >1) Select all text 'Ctrl+a'
      >2) From the notetab menu select Modify | Strip HTML Tags | Remove All Tags
      >
      >This will give you one record per line with the first and last name of each
      >person being the 1st two items on the line. If you want to automate removal
      >of the other attributes for each person, you will probably need to make use
      >of some of the commands found under the clip language text processing topic
      >in the help menu.

      The problem with that method is NoteTab does not use CR/LF as a line bral. I treats it just like a browers. Sso, the Clip would ne:

      H=Make Index
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      ^!Replace "<TD>" >> "</TD><BR>" WASI
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+T
      ^!Replace "^t" >> "^p" WASI

      >Can someone please tell me how to extract only the name from the
      >following sample so that I can make an index? I have several of these
      >to do. Thank you. Martha
      >
      ><FONT FACE="Courier New, Courier" SIZE="2"> <TD ALIGN="left"
      >BGCOLOR="#FFEFD5">TN</TD> <TD ALIGN="left"
      >BGCOLOR="#FFEFD5">KY</TD> <TD ALIGN="left"
      >BGCOLOR="#FFEFD5">IN</TD> </TR>

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23