Re: [Clip] E-Mail Wizard quirk

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2001
      Hi Harvey,

      >I have been fiddling with the ^!Email command and it has a quirk.
      >Since I am very "Clip language" challenged maybe you have a cure
      >for this quirk.

      I noticed that with NS when I was building a script quite awhile
      ago for it just passing an eMail message to it. It always told
      me it was not in the addressbook and what to know if I wanted to
      enter it. I would think there would be an option to turn it off,
      and if so, that would hopefully clear the problem you are having.
      ^!eMail uses MAPI so you must have that setup correct else you
      would get an error right away about a MAPI failure. NoteTab
      simply passes the information along. I don't have any other
      suggestions than that, sorry.

      >If you know a cure for this I would appreciate knowing it. Aside
      >from this it works great.

      ;) I don't think there is anything wrong with NoteTab. It works
      fine with Eudora, OE5, and is still passing it on to NS, but NS
      needs to allow it when the address is not in the addressbook.
      Perhaps another NS user can help in getting it turned off. I
      will send you a Clip that will allow you to send mail with NS and
      using the keyboard command or commandline for NS mail I think
      works also. I think I have both methods and maybe ^!mailto: also.

      >I have 1 other comment too. I can't find in 'NoteTab Help' or in
      >the 'Clipology Clip' any reference to characters '^='. I think I
      >have an idea how it works but would like something in print.

      From Clip Basics:

      You can display in the combo box list different text from what
      you actually want to use. Use the ^= code to separate the text to
      display (on the left side) from the text to use (on the right
      side). The example below will show a combo box with three items
      in the list: Small, Medium, Large. The medium item will be
      selected as the default value since it starts with an underscore
      character.

      <FONT SIZE=^?[Font size=Small^=6|_Medium^=10|Large^=14]>

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips