Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] unwanted bak files

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hi Don,

      >I like the bak files, sometimes lifesavers. When I delete a file
      >or change the name it leaves behind a widow .bak file however. I
      >have lots of those. Has anyone written the clip yet to run the
      >directory and delete the .bak's that don't have a matching .txt
      >or .htm etc.?

      A long time ago. :-) It has a bit of a learning curve unless you
      know .bat files already. It is also quite powerful, so be alert
      while configuring. You can also have it do the other NoteTab
      backup extension formats. If it is just a directory, the surely
      you can modify one of my DirStuff Clips to do it. Use the
      Open/Close Favorites that I sent to the list for you to
      ^!DeleteFile or ^!RecycleFile. You don't have to open the files,
      so you will need to change the top wizard a little bit too.

      Did the other script work for you to increase by 6.4%?

      Useful Links
      http://www.notetab.com/links.htm
      NoteTab Tools
      http://www.mcmains.com/wren/notetab/