Re: [Clip] Controlling the Quicklist

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hi Lotta and Ben,

      >> >Is there a way to use the Quick List box to display a second clipbook
      >> library?

      I keep forgetting about that. I will have to try to find the time and remembrance ;) to set something up on the Clipbar tomorrow to load an unload Libraries. I see it is kind of back to the old method when we had to use Clips to rename Libraries to get them off of the Library bar. nite... Already shutdown the 'Tab. nothing more to stay up now for Sleeping medication kicking in too finally at 4:20am. <g> See ya in a few.

      >That was one of my first questions on this list. I think it was Ray (thank
      >you Ray :-) ) who told me the only work around is to fool NTB by renaming
      >the library you want in the quick list window to ClipHelp.clh (the file
      >name of ClipAssistant). Move or rename the real ClipHelp.clh and replace it
      >with the "fake assistant". Works quite well even if you can't force "single
      >click to paste".
      >
      >Even now with the clip bar I think this would be a useful feature. Even
      >more so since by loading libraries in the Quick list window one can have
      >one's own, specialized Clip Assistants, pasting into the Clip editor.

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Ben Geyer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
        Jody, Lotta, & Ray,

        Thank you all for the excellent advice re using the Clip Assistant
        panel for other clip libraries and for your Table of Contents
        suggestion too, Jody. Again I must say, the the only thing better
        than NoteTab is its excellent support from one and all.

        As a newcomer, I am especially grateful for that.

        Ben
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2001
          Hi Ben,

          >Thank you all for the excellent advice re using the Clip Assistant
          >panel for other clip libraries and for your Table of Contents
          >suggestion too, Jody. Again I must say, the the only thing better
          >than NoteTab is its excellent support from one and all.

          There was a problem with the Clip I sent in the other day having to do with if you picked a different view than List_Disk and a different Focus setting. It should all be fixed now. ;) I added some more notes and move the wizards up into the variables.

          <--- Copy below this line --->
          H=QuickList
          ; Last Updated 01-07-2001, Sojourner@..., jody
          ; Last updated on 01-06-2001, Jody@..., Jody Adair
          ; Sample to open Quick List with different commands, variables, and
          ; key strokes. Shorter methods, even one clickers can be made like
          ; the one commented at the bottom of this window. Defaults are set to
          ; open the disk list and browse window.

          ; Sets variables used later in the Clip. Note: there are two of them.
          ; The first is used to set which list in Quick List will be opened and
          ; the second sets the focus to the List pane, combobox, or opens a
          ; certain directory, NoteTab's Document folder the way it is now with
          ; all files showing (you can use "*" or "*.*" in Quick List).
          ; long line till blank
          ^!Set %ListView%=^?{&Open in==List_Clip|_List_Disk|List_Docs|List_Favs}; %Focus%=^?{&Focus the=_lower main list window^=No|upper small combobox^=Tab|NoteTab's Documents folder^=^$GetDocumentPath$*}

          ; Sets focus to list item picked above and now contained in the
          ; variable. Opens Quick List if closed.
          ^!SetFocus ^%ListView%

          ; Clip ends if a list type picked is different than "List_Disk".
          ^!IfDiff "^%ListView%" "List_Disk" End

          ; Sets list item chosen or type in inside the variable %Focus%
          ^!Set ^%Focus%

          ; Tests to see if List was chosen above and ends if so.
          ^!IfFalse ^%Focus% End

          ; Tests to see if "^%Focus%" is the same as "Tab" and if not,
          ; skips over the next three lines of instruction.
          ^!IfSame "^%Focus%" "Tab" Next else Favorite

          ; Sends the tab key stroke to set focus on combobox which is in
          ; the variable set above in the ^!Set line.
          ^!Keyboard ^%Focus%

          ; Opens combobox content menu and chooses "B" for Browse so the
          ; Browse window opens.
          ^!Keyboard Shift+F10 B

          ; Ends script
          ^!Goto End

          :Favorite
          ; Sets focus on combobox like above, but sends the text contained in
          ; ^%Focus% when "Favorite" is used. Delays for 10 milliseconds and
          ; then sends the key stroke "Enter". Delays another 10 and then
          ; sends a Ctrl+F6 to focus list items in Quick List. Note: No
          ; testing statement is needed like above, because it is the only
          ; thing left to do. It would not hurt to put one in though.
          ^!Keyboard Tab #^%Focus%# &10 Enter &10 Ctrl+F6

          :Setup in separate Clip removing ;comments before both "^!".
          ; Example of one clicker (provided you have "Single Click to Execute"
          ; checked in Options. Opens ..\Application Path\Documents\*.*
          ; ^!SetFocus List_Disk
          ; Function (GetDocumentPath) adds path to NoteTab's Documents folder.
          ; #Any text#
          ; ^!Keyboard Tab #^$GetDocumentPath$*.*# &10 Enter

          <--- Copy above this line, right --->
          <--- click over a Library, and --->
          <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->