Controlling the Quicklist

  • Clint Tredway
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
      Is there a way to control the quicklist with a clip?
    • Ben Geyer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
        Jody,

        Is there a way to use the Quick List box to display a second clipbook
        library?

        I am building a set of 3 libraries to serve as aids for programming
        the 4dos script language. It sure would be convenient if I could
        place one of the three in the Quick List panel on the right of the
        main window as well as one on the QuickBook panel on the left.
        That would reduce the need to switch libraries. Not that switching
        libraries is all that tough (one click, not bad!), but it does take time to
        scroll down to the section of the library that you need. (All 3 of these
        libraries are quite long.) I use NoteTab Std.

        Btw, are there any other devotees of 4dos out there?

        Ben Geyer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
          Hi Ben,

          >Is there a way to use the Quick List box to display a second
          >clipbook library?

          No, but to focus them, the next best thing if you are a mouser it
          to set a Clip on your default Clipbar if you are in a registered
          version. You can mark them as Hidden in the file properties in
          Windows Explorer (or a Clip) and they will not be seen on the
          Libraries bar, bet can still be accessed from the Clipbook
          combobox. If you are a keyboarder, then you could rename the
          Libraries to say: 111, 112, and 113 or aaa, aab, aac and then use
          Alt+1, Alt+2, and Alt+3 respectively to activate them (one at a
          time of course). It has been requested a number of times to have
          another view in the Quick List for a Library. Eric must be a
          Geek and hand write all his code not having a need for the
          Clipbook. haha

          >Not that switching libraries is all that tough (one click, not bad!),

          OH, you must know already. <g>

          > but it does take time to scroll down to the section of the
          > library that you need. (All 3 of these libraries are quite
          > long.) I use NoteTab Std.

          I use a method that has served me quite well is use Clips inside
          each Library to navigate the Library - break it up in sections.

          Here is an example of one. You put a menu at the top to your
          sections with Clips like this in it numbering each section. Your
          other clips cannot start with numbers else it will mess you up.

          H=-Doc's to Otl
          ^!SetFocus Clipbook
          ; So, this goes to my third section - well it did until I
          ; squeezed more sections in. :) The number is what is important.
          ^!Keyboard Shift+End 3

          H=3 Jump to Top
          ; NoteTab finds the 3 searching from bottom up so that it
          ; becomes focused as the top Clip. Just click on the clip to
          ; return to the "main menu." <g>
          ^!SetFocus Clipbook
          ^!Keyboard Shift+Home

          If you have a number of them to do, build some quick temp Clips
          for the Clipbar since it can write in the Clip Editor.

          http://www.notetab.net

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
            Hello Ben and Jody,

            >Hi Ben,
            >Ben wrote:
            > >Is there a way to use the Quick List box to display a second clipbook
            > library?

            That was one of my first questions on this list. I think it was Ray (thank
            you Ray :-) ) who told me the only work around is to fool NTB by renaming
            the library you want in the quick list window to ClipHelp.clh (the file
            name of ClipAssistant). Move or rename the real ClipHelp.clh and replace it
            with the "fake assistant". Works quite well even if you can't force "single
            click to paste".

            Even now with the clip bar I think this would be a useful feature. Even
            more so since by loading libraries in the Quick list window one can have
            one's own, specialized Clip Assistants, pasting into the Clip editor.

            Bye,
            Lotta
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
              Hi Lotta and Ben,

              >> >Is there a way to use the Quick List box to display a second clipbook
              >> library?

              I keep forgetting about that. I will have to try to find the time and remembrance ;) to set something up on the Clipbar tomorrow to load an unload Libraries. I see it is kind of back to the old method when we had to use Clips to rename Libraries to get them off of the Library bar. nite... Already shutdown the 'Tab. nothing more to stay up now for Sleeping medication kicking in too finally at 4:20am. <g> See ya in a few.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2001
                Jody, Lotta, & Ray,

                Thank you all for the excellent advice re using the Clip Assistant
                panel for other clip libraries and for your Table of Contents
                suggestion too, Jody. Again I must say, the the only thing better
                than NoteTab is its excellent support from one and all.

                As a newcomer, I am especially grateful for that.

                Ben
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 6, 2001
                  Hi Ben,

                  >Thank you all for the excellent advice re using the Clip Assistant
                  >panel for other clip libraries and for your Table of Contents
                  >suggestion too, Jody. Again I must say, the the only thing better
                  >than NoteTab is its excellent support from one and all.

                  There was a problem with the Clip I sent in the other day having to do with if you picked a different view than List_Disk and a different Focus setting. It should all be fixed now. ;) I added some more notes and move the wizards up into the variables.

                  <--- Copy below this line --->
                  H=QuickList
                  ; Last Updated 01-07-2001, Sojourner@..., jody
                  ; Last updated on 01-06-2001, Jody@..., Jody Adair
                  ; Sample to open Quick List with different commands, variables, and
                  ; key strokes. Shorter methods, even one clickers can be made like
                  ; the one commented at the bottom of this window. Defaults are set to
                  ; open the disk list and browse window.

                  ; Sets variables used later in the Clip. Note: there are two of them.
                  ; The first is used to set which list in Quick List will be opened and
                  ; the second sets the focus to the List pane, combobox, or opens a
                  ; certain directory, NoteTab's Document folder the way it is now with
                  ; all files showing (you can use "*" or "*.*" in Quick List).
                  ; long line till blank
                  ^!Set %ListView%=^?{&Open in==List_Clip|_List_Disk|List_Docs|List_Favs}; %Focus%=^?{&Focus the=_lower main list window^=No|upper small combobox^=Tab|NoteTab's Documents folder^=^$GetDocumentPath$*}

                  ; Sets focus to list item picked above and now contained in the
                  ; variable. Opens Quick List if closed.
                  ^!SetFocus ^%ListView%

                  ; Clip ends if a list type picked is different than "List_Disk".
                  ^!IfDiff "^%ListView%" "List_Disk" End

                  ; Sets list item chosen or type in inside the variable %Focus%
                  ^!Set ^%Focus%

                  ; Tests to see if List was chosen above and ends if so.
                  ^!IfFalse ^%Focus% End

                  ; Tests to see if "^%Focus%" is the same as "Tab" and if not,
                  ; skips over the next three lines of instruction.
                  ^!IfSame "^%Focus%" "Tab" Next else Favorite

                  ; Sends the tab key stroke to set focus on combobox which is in
                  ; the variable set above in the ^!Set line.
                  ^!Keyboard ^%Focus%

                  ; Opens combobox content menu and chooses "B" for Browse so the
                  ; Browse window opens.
                  ^!Keyboard Shift+F10 B

                  ; Ends script
                  ^!Goto End

                  :Favorite
                  ; Sets focus on combobox like above, but sends the text contained in
                  ; ^%Focus% when "Favorite" is used. Delays for 10 milliseconds and
                  ; then sends the key stroke "Enter". Delays another 10 and then
                  ; sends a Ctrl+F6 to focus list items in Quick List. Note: No
                  ; testing statement is needed like above, because it is the only
                  ; thing left to do. It would not hurt to put one in though.
                  ^!Keyboard Tab #^%Focus%# &10 Enter &10 Ctrl+F6

                  :Setup in separate Clip removing ;comments before both "^!".
                  ; Example of one clicker (provided you have "Single Click to Execute"
                  ; checked in Options. Opens ..\Application Path\Documents\*.*
                  ; ^!SetFocus List_Disk
                  ; Function (GetDocumentPath) adds path to NoteTab's Documents folder.
                  ; #Any text#
                  ; ^!Keyboard Tab #^$GetDocumentPath$*.*# &10 Enter

                  <--- Copy above this line, right --->
                  <--- click over a Library, and --->
                  <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->