Re: [Clip] Building a multiple dictionary

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hi Bob,

      >I don't know if this is the correct list for this question.
      >So, if it isn't please let me know which one to post it too.

      Yes, it certainly is and thanks for posting here!-)

      >I wish to be able to include up to 8 languages, maybe more, in
      >it. The reader would be able to read across the page and see the
      >word's meaning in the various languages.

      So, these are text based files? Sorry if that seems like a
      demeaning question - not meant to be. ;)

      >However, I would like it to work so that a person could
      >realphabetize the list by the language of his/her choice.

      Are you wanting to just have a Clip with a list of the languages
      in it that can be reordered? Would you like an option to jump to
      that dictionary when picked or are you wanting the language name
      in the list set to the default or top and also the file
      reformatted to put it on top of the list? I would personally
      suggest that you split the dictionaries into separate files and
      perhaps have one with them all. In NoteTab I could build a
      simple script that they would click on the language and that file
      would open. Doing that, one could open two languages and compare
      side by side in two windows.

      >Is this easy or difficult or "impossible" to do in Note Tab,

      "Impossible," I beg your pardon kind sir; this is NoteTab, not
      Notepad. :-) haha <g> ;)

      BTW, you can also have the Clip Wizard, a popup with choices,
      have a place for them to type the word in to look for when the
      dictionary is opened.

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...