Re: [Clip] IsCapitalized and other Is Functions

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hello Wayne,

      >One item that caught my attention is surprising behavior for the
      >^$IsCapitalized()$ function with non-alphabetic characters.
      >
      > ^$IsCapitalized("12345")$ = 1 but ^$IsCapitalized("-1234")$ = 0
      > and ^$IsCapitalized("!@#$%")$ = 0

      I treat numbers as being both lower and uppercase, so that they don't
      interfere in the result when numbers are mixed with words. The "-" is not
      considered a number and thus does not have this special property.

      >Also ^$IsMixedCase()$ doesn't act as I expected:
      >
      > ^$IsMixedCase("Aa_Bb")$ = 1 but ^$IsMixedCase("M80sx")$ = 0
      > and ^$IsMixedCase("12345")$ = 1

      If only the first character is in upper case, then it is not considered
      "mixed case". The Help file says: "Note that text that is capitalized is
      not considered mixed case."

      Hope this clears some of the mystery. I do realize that my approach will
      not necessarily suit everyone.

      Regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes