Building a multiple dictionary

  • Robert J. Petry, C.L.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      I don't know if this is the correct list for this question.
      So, if it isn't please let me know which one to post it too.

      Ok. I am in the process of building a multiple dictionary. The purpose is to
      make available a new greatly enlarged dictionary of an international language.
      I wish to be able to include up to 8 languages, maybe more, in it.
      The reader would be able to read across the page and see the word's meaning in
      the various languages.
      However, I would like it to work so that a person could realphabetize the list
      by the language of his/her choice.
      For instance, say the first list was English:Spanish:German:Russian:IAL: etc
      And the person wanted to change it to:
      IAL:English:Spanish:German:Russian.
      Is this easy or difficult or "impossible" to do in Note Tab, or is there a
      clip?? to already do such a thing?

      Hope this is clear.

      Thanks,
      Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2001
        Hi Bob,

        >I don't know if this is the correct list for this question.
        >So, if it isn't please let me know which one to post it too.

        Yes, it certainly is and thanks for posting here!-)

        >I wish to be able to include up to 8 languages, maybe more, in
        >it. The reader would be able to read across the page and see the
        >word's meaning in the various languages.

        So, these are text based files? Sorry if that seems like a
        demeaning question - not meant to be. ;)

        >However, I would like it to work so that a person could
        >realphabetize the list by the language of his/her choice.

        Are you wanting to just have a Clip with a list of the languages
        in it that can be reordered? Would you like an option to jump to
        that dictionary when picked or are you wanting the language name
        in the list set to the default or top and also the file
        reformatted to put it on top of the list? I would personally
        suggest that you split the dictionaries into separate files and
        perhaps have one with them all. In NoteTab I could build a
        simple script that they would click on the language and that file
        would open. Doing that, one could open two languages and compare
        side by side in two windows.

        >Is this easy or difficult or "impossible" to do in Note Tab,

        "Impossible," I beg your pardon kind sir; this is NoteTab, not
        Notepad. :-) haha <g> ;)

        BTW, you can also have the Clip Wizard, a popup with choices,
        have a place for them to type the word in to look for when the
        dictionary is opened.

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...