Re: [Clip]Integer was: Regular oppression

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Lotta,

      >>^!IfFalse ^$IsNumber(^%Data%)$ Skip
      >>^!Info ^%Data% is a number, or integer if you will. ;)
      >
      >I did some searching to find the correct English word :-). Seems
      >like this is a language problem again. Thought a 'number' could
      >have decimals, so I took it ^!IsNumber distinguished between
      >numeric and alphabetical characters. If number = integer it's
      >exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

      Methinks a lot of Americans forget they learned "integer" in
      early school because we normally say "number" except for say
      programmers and "math people." You will find "integer" a few
      places in Help like:

      ^!If Integer1 <>= Integer2 GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]

      ^$IsNumber(number)$ will work on negative and positive natural
      number, but as I stated it will not on say 19.95

      H=IsWhat - Batter up! 2 balls, 1 strike, eaeaeah, swing batter, batter, batter, swing!!!
      ^!Info ^$IsNumber(19.95)$^p^$IsAlphaNumeric(19.95)$^p^$IsMixedCase(19.95)$

      >> >2. How do I make a Clip open a folder in the same way as if
      >>
      >>H="Explorer C:\"
      >>^!Explorer C:\
      >
      >I have forgotten how to make the red ears smilie. But I'm blushing.

      Don't you hate it when that happens! :) Yes, it was available in
      version 2.63 and earlier versions. <vbg>

      H=Grin
      ^!CLIPBRD
      ^!CharMap.exe
      ^!Shell C:\WINDOWS\WINFILE.EXE
      ^!Shell C:\WINDOWS\TIPS.TXT

      >>For more info look in I think C:\Windows\Tips.txt
      >
      >Found that one some time ago. There is good stuff about keyboard
      >short cuts and DOS for the simple minded like me in Tips too.
      >Bill ought to put all those hidden little things in their own
      >directory.

      That would save a lot of users a lot of time if came up right
      after install, but who reads that stuff anyway. :)

      BTW, if you follow the batter through with the other pitches, I
      predict he will walk to first base on the next two pitches. :-)

      Check out the post from Wayne - really worth reading the whole
      thing, but if not, skip to the chart and the Clip that made it.

      [Clip] IsCapitalized and other Is Functions

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips