Re: [Clip] Regular oppression

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Lotta,

      >1. Is there a direct way to check if a returned numeric value is
      >an integer? Something nice like IfInteger...?

      NoteTab uses plain English for dummies like me... :)

      >I've done some things with line numbers involving calculation and
      >have forced an integer by specifying the decimal values to '0'.
      >But if I really need to know if it is an integer or not - how?

      H=Try
      ^!Set %Data%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsNumber(^%Data%)$ Skip
      ^!Info ^%Data% is a number, or integer if you will. ;)
      ; However, like Wayne pointed out, if there is a "." in the figure,
      ; then it will not detect it as a number, but a mixed [up] case. <g>

      >2. How do I make a Clip open a folder in the same way as if I
      >double click on it with the mouse? Not the Explorer two window
      >view, the My Computer One Directory at the Time view.

      Here's a few from my sample Open Library

      H="Explorer"
      ^!Explorer /e

      H="Explorer C:\"
      ^!Explorer C:\

      H="Explorer C:\..."
      ^!Explorer ^?{=A:\|_C:\|D:\|E:\|^$GetDocumentPath$|C:\My Documents}

      For more info look in I think C:\Windows\Tips.txt One of those
      files has a number of examples of opening Explorer windows.
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
        Hi,

        Sorry, I forgot to change the subject, my question has nothing to do with
        regular expressions.

        >NoteTab uses plain English for dummies like me... :)
        >
        >^!IfFalse ^$IsNumber(^%Data%)$ Skip
        >^!Info ^%Data% is a number, or integer if you will. ;)

        I did some searching to find the correct English word :-). Seems like this
        is a language problem again. Thought a 'number' could have decimals, so I
        took it ^!IsNumber distinguished between numeric and alphabetical
        characters. If number = integer it's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

        > >2. How do I make a Clip open a folder in the same way as if
        >
        >H="Explorer C:\"
        >^!Explorer C:\

        I have forgotten how to make the red ears smilie. But I'm blushing.

        >For more info look in I think C:\Windows\Tips.txt

        Found that one some time ago. There is good stuff about keyboard short cuts
        and DOS for the simple minded like me in Tips too. Bill ought to put all
        those hidden little things in their own directory.

        Thanks a lot,
        Lotta
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
          Hi Lotta,

          >>^!IfFalse ^$IsNumber(^%Data%)$ Skip
          >>^!Info ^%Data% is a number, or integer if you will. ;)
          >
          >I did some searching to find the correct English word :-). Seems
          >like this is a language problem again. Thought a 'number' could
          >have decimals, so I took it ^!IsNumber distinguished between
          >numeric and alphabetical characters. If number = integer it's
          >exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

          Methinks a lot of Americans forget they learned "integer" in
          early school because we normally say "number" except for say
          programmers and "math people." You will find "integer" a few
          places in Help like:

          ^!If Integer1 <>= Integer2 GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]

          ^$IsNumber(number)$ will work on negative and positive natural
          number, but as I stated it will not on say 19.95

          H=IsWhat - Batter up! 2 balls, 1 strike, eaeaeah, swing batter, batter, batter, swing!!!
          ^!Info ^$IsNumber(19.95)$^p^$IsAlphaNumeric(19.95)$^p^$IsMixedCase(19.95)$

          >> >2. How do I make a Clip open a folder in the same way as if
          >>
          >>H="Explorer C:\"
          >>^!Explorer C:\
          >
          >I have forgotten how to make the red ears smilie. But I'm blushing.

          Don't you hate it when that happens! :) Yes, it was available in
          version 2.63 and earlier versions. <vbg>

          H=Grin
          ^!CLIPBRD
          ^!CharMap.exe
          ^!Shell C:\WINDOWS\WINFILE.EXE
          ^!Shell C:\WINDOWS\TIPS.TXT

          >>For more info look in I think C:\Windows\Tips.txt
          >
          >Found that one some time ago. There is good stuff about keyboard
          >short cuts and DOS for the simple minded like me in Tips too.
          >Bill ought to put all those hidden little things in their own
          >directory.

          That would save a lot of users a lot of time if came up right
          after install, but who reads that stuff anyway. :)

          BTW, if you follow the batter through with the other pitches, I
          predict he will walk to first base on the next two pitches. :-)

          Check out the post from Wayne - really worth reading the whole
          thing, but if not, skip to the chart and the Clip that made it.

          [Clip] IsCapitalized and other Is Functions

          http://www.notetab.net

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips