How do I Force INFO command to execute first

  • David Heflick
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 27, 2000
      Is there a way to force a prompt generated by an ^!Info command to
      appear on screen before a wizard screen generated by wizard controls
      containing parameters placed within square brackets.

      I can't find anything in the Help file, but have a hunch some clippie
      out there knows how to do it!

      Thanks,

      Dave Heflick
      dheflick@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 2000
        Hi David,

        >Is there a way to force a prompt generated by an ^!Info command
        >to appear on screen before a wizard screen generated by wizard
        >controls containing parameters placed within square brackets.

        I understand your question, but unless somebody has a trick, you
        need to do it like:

        ^!Info Info
        ^?{==wiz}

        See Clip Language - Introduction in Help and specifically:
        Parsing and evaluation sequence. You will see that commands are
        the last thing to be processed in the Line by Line evaluation
        sequence so my guess is that it is also going to be last when in
        the same line even when the wizard is embedded in the command.

        You can use the ^!Set command to get the desired result you are
        looking for I would image.

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • acummings@snowcrest.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 2000
          Hi Dave,

          > Is there a way to force a prompt generated by an ^!Info command to
          > appear on screen before a wizard screen generated by wizard controls
          > containing parameters placed within square brackets.

          Not using just one clip, but using two clips instead,
          Someone on the list, maybe Eb, had shared a demonstration that used a 2nd clip
          (acts in like manner to a sub routine)

          ^!Info Info
          ^!clip calledclip
          ;returns to this line from called clip
          ;end of code

          Have your square bracket wizards located in the calledclip

          Idea being that if I'm not mistaken, the info prompt or display would come up
          then it would go to the 2nd (called) clip where your square bracket wizards are
          located which would bring up the wizards. thus info prompt come up before wiz

          another way to look at this would be to see (the code above as) a parent clip
          while the calledclip could be seen as a child clip

          Regards.
          Alan.

          This message was sent using SnowCrest WebMail.
          http://www.snowcrest.net
        • acummings@snowcrest.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 28, 2000
            > Hi Dave,
            >
            > > Is there a way to force a prompt generated by an ^!Info command to
            > > appear on screen before a wizard screen generated by wizard controls
            > > containing parameters placed within square brackets.
            >
            > Not using just one clip, but using two clips instead,
            > Someone on the list, maybe Eb, had shared a demonstration that used a 2nd
            clip
            > (acts in like manner to a sub routine)

            Addendum

            that mentioned demo had used two clips but the demo was about wizard labels and
            titles and had used curly bracket wizards. sorry for any inconvenience.

            But it does seem that a parent/child clip combo should do the job you requested

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 29, 2000
              Alan,

              This worked like a charm! Thanks a million.

              Dave
              ============================

              > Is there a way to force a prompt generated by an ^!Info command to
              > appear on screen before a wizard screen generated by wizard controls
              > containing parameters placed within square brackets.

              Not using just one clip, but using two clips instead,
              Someone on the list, maybe Eb, had shared a demonstration that used a
              2nd clip
              (acts in like manner to a sub routine)

              ^!Info Info
              ^!clip calledclip
              ;returns to this line from called clip
              ;end of code
            • Manuel
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 29, 2000
                Well, I would like to resume the text.
                I write "·" shifth+3 in any position of the line

                The line that has "·" is a line that a want to copy to clipboard and
                then put at the start of the document.

                The idea is the next

                · Moderador
                Jody is the moderator of the list, bla, bla.

                ·Web
                The home page of the notetab is http://www.notetab.ch

                ·Versions
                The last versions is 8.43n/p and I can view with
                Help > About

                When i finish to write the document a want to put te resume in the
                second line.

                The result is

                Contents

                [ · Moderador]
                [ · Web]
                [ · Versions]

                and then i can go to links quickly.

                Here is a clip but I know is very well

                I question. Can add to clipboard line by line with "·" and paste in
                one time in the same order that appear in the document?

                Sorry for the coments in spanish in the clip

                Thanks.

                Contenidos pcentrado
                ;Creado el mar 30'may-00 por manuel123@...
                ;Crea un Indice General con vinculos de todas las lineas
                ;con el signo punto centrado.
                ;El punto centrado "·" puede estar en cualquier lugar
                ;de la línea
                ;El índice se situa en la línea 2 de cada documento

                ;si es otl nos pregunta si copiar todo
                ^!Toolbar Select All
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+C
                ;pega contenido en nuevo documento
                ^!TOOLBAR Paste New
                ^!Toolbar New Document
                ;activa el documento como portapapeles
                ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+P
                ;va al documento anterior, al final se destruira
                ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+Tab
                ;Va al inicio del documento
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+HOME
                :bucle
                ;busca el primer asterisco
                ^!Find "·" ITS
                ;Si no existe el primer * sale del clip
                ^!IfError Salir
                ;Activa el documento actual
                ^!FocusDoc
                ;Copia el titulo a memoria y lo pega
                ;en el documento provisional con corchetes
                ^!SetClipboard [ ^$GetLine$]
                ;ejecuta este clip de nuevo
                ;si no hay más asteriscos sale del clip
                ^!Goto bucle

                :salir
                ^!DestroyDoc
                ^!keyboard Ctrl+Tab
                ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+P
                ;Quita las lineas en blanco del indice ALFABETICO
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Home
                ^!Replace "^P^P" >> "^P" [HAWSI]
                ^!Delay 5

                ^!Toolbar Copy All
                ^!DestroyDoc
                ;El Indice General está en memoria.
                ;Ctrl+V para pegarlo

                ^!Keyboard CTRL+HOME
                ^!Keyboard DOWN ENTER
                ^!Keyboard CTRL+V ENTER

                ---
                Manuel
                manuel123@...
                - Cursos por email:Windows,Navegador,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
                También para ciegos.
                http://manuel123.8m.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 31, 2000
                  Hi Manuel,

                  >I question. Can add to clipboard line by line with "·" and paste
                  >in one time in the same order that appear in the document?

                  Yes, but I don't think I understand your question since you know
                  that copying to the Clipboard does not change the order?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
                    (Cita de Jody)
                    >that copying to the Clipboard does not change the order?

                    Ok, better.

                    I would like the next

                    The text of the week file
                    -----------
                    · Monday
                    Use notetab
                    · Tuesday
                    Use notetab
                    · Wednesday
                    Use notetab

                    The clip
                    Find line with ·
                    Copy to clipboard
                    Put at the star [
                    Put at the end ]
                    Paste in the second line of the document

                    The solution
                    [ · Monday]
                    [ · Tuesday]
                    [ · Wednesday]