[Clip] Instant Outline

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 1999
      Hi All,

      I had a need for this clip and thought some of you might like it
      - it's a no thrills type clip in that you need to do a bit of
      work. It will add all the .txt files in a directory to a new
      outline providing they do not contain clip code with ^?[Prompts]
      or ^$Get functions. If there is not any text on the first line
      the file will be ignored so if you are unsure either check the
      files manually or just add some characters in the clip below right
      after the H= on the AppendToFile line. You might add:

      H=NoHead^$GetFileText("^%Full%")$

      That will add it to all the headers, but once you ensure they all
      have a good header then you can just do a simple Replace all and
      be done with it. Other file types that are in the folder will
      skipped and the text files will not be edited. The outline is
      made in the same directory as the text files - like I said, no
      thrills about it except that it is really quick!

      H=Txt2Otl
      ; Jody, 06-11-1999
      ; Appends closed .txt files to a new outline.
      ^!ClearVariable %FileList%
      ^!SetHintInfo Getting Filenames...

      ; long line
      ^!Set %Path%=^?[(T=D)Directory to search]; %OtlName%=^?[Name of new outline, omit extension].otl

      ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileFirst(^%Path%;*.txt;Name)$

      ; long line - ya know Kay, this really bugs me that we don't add
      ; quotes here. Wonder if she is reading this. :)
      ^!AppendToFile ^%Path%^%OtlName% = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30^%nl%^%nl%

      :Loop1
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Full%)$ CloseFind
      ^!AppendToFile ^%Path%^%OtlName% H=^$GetFileText("^%Full%")$^%nl%^%nl%
      ^!Set %Full%=^$GetFileNext$
      ^!Goto Loop1

      :CloseFind
      ^!CloseFileFind