Scrolling with MoveCursor?

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2000
      I can't figure out how to scroll up or down after using Find.
      The problem is that the result of Find is selected at the bottom of the
      window. The text I'm looking for appears after the result, so currently
      it is hidden until you scroll down, moving the text up.

      I would like to scroll, so that the result appears in the middle of the
      window. Is MoveCursor the correct command?
      I tried this, but it didn't seem to do anything:

      ^!Find "Fred" ^!MoveCursor +5

      Thanks,

      Marcus Friedlaender
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2000
        Hi Marcus,

        >window. The text I'm looking for appears after the result, so currently
        >it is hidden until you scroll down, moving the text up.
        >
        >I would like to scroll, so that the result appears in the middle of the
        >window. Is MoveCursor the correct command?
        >I tried this, but it didn't seem to do anything:
        >
        >^!Find "Fred" ^!MoveCursor +5

        help | clip language | select, copy, and insert text

        I just found jump with a plus and a number makes cursor jump (by number of
        rows/lines) relative to where was at

        jump with a number only (without the use of a + or -) makes cursor jump to
        the particular line number within the doc

        one way, may be others perhaps even better ways but I tried

        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Find "clipbar" s
        ^!Jump +5

        jumped the cursor 5 lines (sometimes also called rows) below the found word

        I tried that movecursor you used, with a plus on it and such a small number
        that it moved the cursor only 5 individual characters ahead to the right of
        the found word but still stayed in the same row or line as it had formerly
        been in.

        Regards. Alan.
      • Marcus
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2000
          On 19.12.00 at 19:38 Alan wrote:
          >one way, may be others perhaps even better ways but I tried
          >
          >^!Jump 1
          >^!Find "clipbar" s
          >^!Jump +5

          Thanks, Jump also scrolls. I guess it has to :-)
          I did this:

          ^!Find ...
          ^!Jump +6
          ^!Jump -7
          ^!Find ...

          This way your result is scrolled up to where it's clearly visible in
          context. It's not highlighted (selected) anymore though. Jumping back
          one line before enables you to find the same pattern again, so your
          result will also be highlighted. Yay for NoteTab.

          2) Next thing, is it possible to override the confirmation prompt
          asking whether you want to continue searching from the beginning of the
          file?

          The regular non-clipbook search offers "down", "up", all". I only see
          the "B" switch for "back" in the clip Find command. Can you specify
          "all"?

          Marcus
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2000
            Hi Marcus,

            >2) Next thing, is it possible to override the confirmation
            >prompt asking whether you want to continue searching from the
            >beginning of the file?

            in a clip, yes. I'm not all that familiar when it comes to outside the
            means of using a clip

            the s (for silent) option (see code in my first post this thread) in a
            clip bring up no prompt. also w option for whole document probably, in a
            clip, do it too.

            look my code from first post uses jump 1 which makes it start searching at
            the very beginning of the document when it gets to the end of the document
            it will be done because it has at that point searched the whole document.

            >The regular non-clipbook search offers "down", "up", all". I
            >only see the "B" switch for "back" in the clip Find command.
            >Can you specify "all"?

            most likely be the w option for whole document (searches entire document)
            also i think does not bring up a prompt.

            such as

            ^!Find "clipbar" w

            help | help topics | index tab | scroll the slider about half way down the
            window you will see

            clip language-find/replace text

            shows options and how they are used.

            There's also a way to select a word if later on you wish to not re search
            the word just in order to have it selected.

            there's some really good lessons on find and replace on the clipclass email
            list and/or in Jody Adair's clipclass.zip file too. that's where I learned
            the basics of it for clips.

            Regards. Alan.
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 19, 2000
              Hi Marcus,

              >^!Find "Fred" ^!MoveCursor +5

              Try something like this:

              H=SetView
              ^!Find "Fred" SI
              ^!SetView ^$Calc(^$GetRow$-15)$:1

              ; Moves the top line and leftmost column to the specified
              ; coordinates in current document window.
              ;
              ; I can't figure out how to scroll up or down after using Find.
              ; The problem is that the result of Find is selected at the
              ; bottom of the window. The text I'm looking for appears after
              ; the result, so currently it is hidden until you scroll down,
              ; moving the text up.

              http://www.notetab.net

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...