Re: [Clip] Clip Needs to Write to two files

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2000
      I think I have arrived at success!

      What I was doing was creating a survey form and data file to utilize the
      survey script at http://www.bignosebird.com

      You need to generate your own .html file (the form) and the .srv file (the
      database).

      My problem was I needed to set a variable and write to both the html file
      (which I have open) and to the .srv file which I needed to create and write
      to.

      My solution came from finding the append to file command.

      What I have done is test to see if the .srv file already exists, prompt to
      eliminate it on the first iteration (so that I am not appending to an
      existing file -- and I can abort if I choose not to delete it of course).

      After being sure there is no .srv file, then I use file append each time
      through the repeating loop:

      ^!AppendToFile "d:\1h\1grba\bin\survey\^%SurveyName%.srv"
      ITEM_^%ITEMNO%|^%Output%:0:^%VisableResult%:^%NL%

      I tried using ^P for carraige returns, but it didn't work. Fortunately Alan
      knew to use the ^%NL% feature and now I have it working.

      If it is something someone has interest in I can post it on the web for you
      to see in all of its depth.

      ---
      Don Passenger