Re: where does the input come from for functions?

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2000
      --- In ntb-clips@egroups.com, "Rob " <rdarroug@c...> wrote:
      > I do not understand this or other functions.
      >
      > If "command" accepts input, where is the input supposed to come
      from?
      > I want the input to be the highlighted text in a document. Can I do
      > that?
      >
      > What if command takes command line paramemters? Is there any way to
      > get these from the document?
      >
      > ^$GetInputOutput("Command")$

      Mornin' again -

      I belatedly saw that that I didn't address the specific command you
      cited...

      H=Test GetInputOutput2
      ^$GetInputOutput(cmd.exe)$

      fires up the command interpreter (in NT; on Windows9x it will be
      command.com). If I select the following text "time /t", it will be
      replaced by:

      Microsoft(R) Windows NT(TM)
      (C) Copyright 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp.

      D:\TMP>time /t
      8:46a

      D:\TMP>

      which is the console output. Selected text is put into the Stdin
      stream, and Stdout appears in the current document.

      HTH,
      Craig