My Brother Larry

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2000
      Jody Adair,

      I am David Sayre, the brother of Larry Thomas. Larry is back in the VA
      Hospital in Des Moines,
      Iowa and has lost his leg just below the knee. He also had gal bladder
      surgery yesterday but is
      feeling much better today.

      He asked me to get his email and write you and ask you to put his "list" on
      "read on the web only" and when he gets home in 4 to 6 weeks he'll restart
      the email part of it.

      I will not be back into his account again so if you have any questions of
      me, feel free to
      email me at sayre@...

      Thanks...

      David Sayre for Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2000
        Hi Sayre,

        Thank you very much for sending the post. I had called Larry,
        but got no answer and the same with eMail. I am very sorry to
        hear what happened as I know probably 1000 list members are too!
        He posted frequently and has been a great help to many people for
        some four years or so now on the list and off. Let him know that
        those of us who pray will be praying for him.

        Please send my the phone number and room number to the hospital
        he is in to AV1611@... I'll ask him (or you can ask)
        if he wants me to post the number on the list(s). I will take
        care of his "web only" setting. OH, please send the hospital
        mailing address too.

        >I am David Sayre, the brother of Larry Thomas. Larry is back in
        >the VA Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa and has lost his leg just
        >below the knee. He also had gal bladder surgery yesterday but is
        >feeling much better today.
        >
        >He asked me to get his email and write you and ask you to put his
        >"list" on "read on the web only" and when he gets home in 4 to 6
        >weeks he'll restart the email part of it.
        >
        >I will not be back into his account again so if you have any
        >questions of me, feel free to email me at sayre@...
        >
        >Thanks...
        >
        >David Sayre for Larry Thomas

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2000
          Hi All,

          For those of you who want Larry Thomas' hospital phone number and
          address in case you want to call or send a card/flowers, it is
          below.

          Larry's brother wrote me:

          I've received several email now from people on the list. I just phoned
          Larry and let him know and he said sure, give you any info you wish....

          Patient Larry Thomas
          % VA Medical Center
          3600 30th Street
          Room 393 Bed 1
          Des Moines, Iowa 50310-5774
          Phone (515) 699-5555

          Thanks,

          David Sayre
          Totus + Tuus, Mater Dei, Pax:

          David Sayre
          413 West Fifth Avenue
          Indianola, Iowa 50125

          Phone: (515) 961-6326

          E-MAIL:
          sayre@...

          HOMEPAGE:
          http://www.netins.net/showcase/clearlight

          Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux - Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux
          Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

          Happy NoteTab'n,
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2000
            Hi All,

            I just wanted to tell you all that I spoke with Larry a few
            nights ago and he is in good spirits, but just going nuts in the
            hospital he is/was in. By now he has probably been moved to
            Knoxville (Nashville) VA Rehabilitation hospital. I will send an
            updated address and phone number when his brother sends it to me.

            He will still be able to take his daily long walks like before,
            but probably cut down some. He use to walk some 20-30 blocks
            three times a day and is in his mid 60s.

            http://www.notetab.net

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          • Alan
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2000

              >hospital he is/was in. By now he has probably been moved to
              >Knoxville (Nashville) VA Rehabilitation hospital. I will send an
              >updated address and phone number when his brother sends it to me.

              I wonder will he get the card I sent to the former hospital address which i
              sent i do not know how many days ago I sent it perhaps only several.

              Thanks. Regards. Alan.