Re: [Clip] request for clip to 'bracket' text within an outline

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2000
      Hi Tom,

      >I would like to be able to click an icon on my ClipBar and have
      >square brackets put around the line my cursor is on so that the
      >entire line displays within the outline as highlighted.

      With this one you need to place the cursor somewhere on the line:

      H=Wrap in Brackets
      ; Place the cursor anywhere on the line
      ^!Jump Line_Start
      ^!Select EOL
      [^&]

      H=Wrap w/ bracket - doc.
      ; Does whole doc. Must have on blank line at end
      ; to tired to code write now.
      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      ^!InsertText [
      ^!Replace "^p" >> "]^p[" WAS
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!Jump -1
      ^!InsertText ]
      ^!Replace "]^p][" >> "]^p[" WAS
      ^!Replace "[" >> "" SB
    • Stephen Riddle
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2000
        Hi, I'm just now getting your message,
        If it has not been answered yet, here is a clip I have been using for some
        time,
        it works to enclose selected text in square brackets.:

        ;*********begin clip
        H="Text HYPERLINK"
        ^&]
        ;********end clip

        If you wish to just have your cursor on a line and do this with the whole
        line:

        ;**********begin clip
        H="text HYPERLINK from line"
        ^!Select LINE
        [^&]^%NL%
        ;**********end clip

        You may choose to remove the New Line Variable (^%NL%), but if your line is
        wor wrapped previously, the modified line looks wierd without it.
        Good luck
        Stephen

      • tpg@uno.edu
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 13, 2000
          Thanks, Jody. This is exactly what I wanted!

        • tpg@uno.edu
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 13, 2000
            Gee, Stephen. You must be a mind reader.

            The first clip you sent isn't what I asked for,
            but is certainly something else I wanted.

            thanks,
            Tom

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 13, 2000
              Hi Tom,

              >Thanks, Jody. This is exactly what I wanted!

              After reading Stephen's and see you can use it too, here it is in
              one Clip. It checks for a selection and wraps it if there is
              one, but if nothing is selected it does the whole line.

              <--- Copy below this line --->
              H=Wrap in Brackets
              ; Wraps selection in brackets or wraps line if nothing is selected
              ; Last Updated 12-13-2000, Sojourner@..., jody

              ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ DoSelection
              ^!Jump Line_Start
              ^!Select EOL
              [^&]
              ^!Goto End

              :DoSelection
              [^&]

              <--- Copy above this line, right --->
              <--- click over a Library, and --->
              <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

              http://www.notetab.net

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
              http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
            • Stephen Riddle
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 13, 2000
                tpg@... wrote:

                > Gee, Stephen. You must be a mind reader.
                >
                > The first clip you sent isn't what I asked for,
                > but is certainly something else I wanted.
                >
                > thanks,

                You're welcome. It's nice to have done something nice.
                Stephe
              • tpg@uno.edu
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 15, 2000
                  The best of both worlds!
                  Works great. Thanks, Jody.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 16, 2000
                    Hi Tom,

                    >The best of both worlds!
                    >Works great. Thanks, Jody.

                    Glad you liked it! In the future, could you please be kind
                    enough to delete the text that is not needed to understand your
                    reply. There are many people that have to pay for their online
                    time or by KB of mail they get. I realize a few KB is not much
                    in one post, but it all adds up -thanks!!!