Re: [Clip] Editing in external programs

  • Jason Waugh
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
      >>clip that will select all text between two matching HTML tags?
      >>To quickly delete a whole table cell at a time, or whatever?
      >
      >Look in the Utilities Library under Internet for "Select between
      >tags". Just edit the Clip to your needs.

      This is definitely useable... I just have to make it automatically select the tag type based on the current selected text and only use the forward search code. Excellent, and thank you.

      Just wish I could assign my own accelerator keys to clips. 8(

      Thanks,
      Jason Waugh.
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
        Hi Jason,

        >>Look in the Utilities Library under Internet for "Select between
        >>tags". Just edit the Clip to your needs.
        >
        >This is definitely useable... I just have to make it automatically select the tag type based on the current selected text and only use the forward search code. Excellent, and thank you.

        Move the underscore:

        ^!Set %Range%=^?[(2)Search from...==Start of text^=W|Cursor position forwards^=|_Cursor position backwards^=B]

        Or consider this I took from a Replace Library I have. Just take
        out the replace side if you want and change the variable name(s):

        ^!SetWizardLabel Change the defaults with underscore in the Clip
        ; one line till blank
        ^!Set %Find%=^?{Find what=^%Data%}; %Replace%=^?{Replace with what=^%Data%}; %Options%=^?{(T=A;H=10)Search options=Do not search for whole words^=T|Search for whole words only^=C|_Ignore character case^=I|Search backwards^=B|Search through all the open documents^=G|_Search through the whole document^=W|_Replace all occuranaces^=A|Search within selection only^=H|Search using regular expressions^=R|_Do not display any error messages^=S}

        ^!Replace "^%Find%" >> "^%Replace%" ^%Options%

        To get it to use your selection you will need to put the ^?[Tag]
        wizards into a variable and then use "^&" in braces:

        ^!Set %Tag%=^?{Tag=^&}
        ^!Find "<^%Tag%" CIS^%Range%
        ^!Find "</^%Tag%>" IS

        >Just wish I could assign my own accelerator keys to clips. 8(

        v5 ;)

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2000
          clipThe problem with the "Select between tags" in erics utilities library
          is that it fails when an element contains nested elements.

          <ul>
          <li>
          <li>
          <ul>
          <li>
          </li>
          <li>
          </li>
          </ul>
          </li>
          </li>
          </ul>

          What is needed is a way to keep track of the closure of an open tags
          Try the following clip which I just wrote as an improved version of the one
          in my xhtml library.
          Use by placing cursor between the brackets of any tag and running the clip
          Normal mode.. Selects the 'element'
          To select the 'innerHtml' (the stuff contained by the element) use "alt"
          To select the 'tag' use "ctrl"

          h=selectTag
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!Set %Alt%=0
          ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetHtmlTag()$)$ EXIT
          ^!Set %Tag%=^$GetHtmlTag(true)$
          ^!IfTrue "^$IsCtrlKeyDown$" ^!GoTo Exit
          ^!IfTrue "^$IsAltKeyDown$" ^!Set %Alt%=1
          ^!Set %Tname%=^$GetHtmlTagName(^%Tag%)$
          ^!Set %elStart%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColStart$
          ^!Set %tagClosed%=1
          :deNest
          ^!Find ^%Tname% TIS
          ;is openining or closing tag.
          ^!Jump Select_Start
          ^!Set %char%=^$GetChar(-1)$
          ^!IfSame "/" "^%char%" ^!dec %tagClosed%
          ^!IfSame "<" "^%char%" ^!inc %tagClosed%
          ^!MoveCursor ^$StrSize(^%Tname%)$
          ^!If ^%tagClosed% = 0 next else deNest
          ^!Set %Tag%=^$GetHtmlTag(true)$
          ^!Set %elEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
          ^!SetCursor ^%elStart%
          ^!SelectTo ^%elEnd%
          ^!IfTrue ^%Alt% Alt Else SELECT
          :Alt
          ^!Find "</" bs
          ^!Jump Select_Start
          ^!Set %elEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
          ^!SetCursor ^%elStart%
          ^!Find ">" TIS
          ^!Jump Select_End
          ^!Set %elStart%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
          :SELECT
          ^!SetCursor ^%elStart%
          ^!SelectTo ^%elEnd%
          ^!GoTo Exit