Re: [Clip] Editing in external programs

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
      Hi Jason,

      >Seriously though... NoteTab Pro has become absolutely essential
      >to me....I had no idea what a big blobby mess my pages had
      >become. Now they are lean - smaller files, faster load times -
      >so organized that updating them is a breeze (previously I would
      >never really update my pages because it was more of a chore than
      >I wanted) - I like it.

      >Sorry to take this off topic, but I'm excited. ;)

      I think folks can handle a little bragging about NoteTab every
      now and then - thanks for your statement. I'm happy to see you
      have found NoteTab so useful.

      >To bring it back on topic... anybody that's read this far have a
      >clip that will select all text between two matching HTML tags?
      >To quickly delete a whole table cell at a time, or whatever?

      Look in the Utilities Library under Internet for "Select between
      tags". Just edit the Clip to your needs.

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Jason Waugh
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
        >>clip that will select all text between two matching HTML tags?
        >>To quickly delete a whole table cell at a time, or whatever?
        >
        >Look in the Utilities Library under Internet for "Select between
        >tags". Just edit the Clip to your needs.

        This is definitely useable... I just have to make it automatically select the tag type based on the current selected text and only use the forward search code. Excellent, and thank you.

        Just wish I could assign my own accelerator keys to clips. 8(

        Thanks,
        Jason Waugh.
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
          Hi Jason,

          >>Look in the Utilities Library under Internet for "Select between
          >>tags". Just edit the Clip to your needs.
          >
          >This is definitely useable... I just have to make it automatically select the tag type based on the current selected text and only use the forward search code. Excellent, and thank you.

          Move the underscore:

          ^!Set %Range%=^?[(2)Search from...==Start of text^=W|Cursor position forwards^=|_Cursor position backwards^=B]

          Or consider this I took from a Replace Library I have. Just take
          out the replace side if you want and change the variable name(s):

          ^!SetWizardLabel Change the defaults with underscore in the Clip
          ; one line till blank
          ^!Set %Find%=^?{Find what=^%Data%}; %Replace%=^?{Replace with what=^%Data%}; %Options%=^?{(T=A;H=10)Search options=Do not search for whole words^=T|Search for whole words only^=C|_Ignore character case^=I|Search backwards^=B|Search through all the open documents^=G|_Search through the whole document^=W|_Replace all occuranaces^=A|Search within selection only^=H|Search using regular expressions^=R|_Do not display any error messages^=S}

          ^!Replace "^%Find%" >> "^%Replace%" ^%Options%

          To get it to use your selection you will need to put the ^?[Tag]
          wizards into a variable and then use "^&" in braces:

          ^!Set %Tag%=^?{Tag=^&}
          ^!Find "<^%Tag%" CIS^%Range%
          ^!Find "</^%Tag%>" IS

          >Just wish I could assign my own accelerator keys to clips. 8(

          v5 ;)

          http://www.notetab.net

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        • Grant
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2000
            clipThe problem with the "Select between tags" in erics utilities library
            is that it fails when an element contains nested elements.

            <ul>
            <li>
            <li>
            <ul>
            <li>
            </li>
            <li>
            </li>
            </ul>
            </li>
            </li>
            </ul>

            What is needed is a way to keep track of the closure of an open tags
            Try the following clip which I just wrote as an improved version of the one
            in my xhtml library.
            Use by placing cursor between the brackets of any tag and running the clip
            Normal mode.. Selects the 'element'
            To select the 'innerHtml' (the stuff contained by the element) use "alt"
            To select the 'tag' use "ctrl"

            h=selectTag
            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            ^!Set %Alt%=0
            ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetHtmlTag()$)$ EXIT
            ^!Set %Tag%=^$GetHtmlTag(true)$
            ^!IfTrue "^$IsCtrlKeyDown$" ^!GoTo Exit
            ^!IfTrue "^$IsAltKeyDown$" ^!Set %Alt%=1
            ^!Set %Tname%=^$GetHtmlTagName(^%Tag%)$
            ^!Set %elStart%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColStart$
            ^!Set %tagClosed%=1
            :deNest
            ^!Find ^%Tname% TIS
            ;is openining or closing tag.
            ^!Jump Select_Start
            ^!Set %char%=^$GetChar(-1)$
            ^!IfSame "/" "^%char%" ^!dec %tagClosed%
            ^!IfSame "<" "^%char%" ^!inc %tagClosed%
            ^!MoveCursor ^$StrSize(^%Tname%)$
            ^!If ^%tagClosed% = 0 next else deNest
            ^!Set %Tag%=^$GetHtmlTag(true)$
            ^!Set %elEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
            ^!SetCursor ^%elStart%
            ^!SelectTo ^%elEnd%
            ^!IfTrue ^%Alt% Alt Else SELECT
            :Alt
            ^!Find "</" bs
            ^!Jump Select_Start
            ^!Set %elEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
            ^!SetCursor ^%elStart%
            ^!Find ">" TIS
            ^!Jump Select_End
            ^!Set %elStart%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
            :SELECT
            ^!SetCursor ^%elStart%
            ^!SelectTo ^%elEnd%
            ^!GoTo Exit