Re: [Clip] square label

    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 2, 2000
      Hi Eb & Lotta,

      >So, if you want no label just use a single wizard in the clip,
      >and place an "=" in front of the default value, like:
      >
      >^!Set %one%=^?[=default]

      Ah, my favorite box above. I like them skinny. :)

      H=Guess Box
      ^!SetWizardTitle ^%Space%
      ^!SetWizardLabel ^%Space%
      ^!Set %one%=^?{ }; %two%=^?{=}
      ^!Set %one%=^?{(2) }; %two%=^?{(1)}

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 2, 2000
        Hi Ed,

        I'll save what you suggested for some other time but I want the square
        ones, I'm afraid. I was almost sure there wasn't a way to change the
        "caption" or "title" (or whatever it may be called) but wanted to make certain.

        Thanks,
        Lotta
      • Stephen Riddle
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 2, 2000
          Hi Lotta, Ed, Etc,
          I like the square bracket wizard labels too but with the curly bracket features. I
          suspect there is a very good reason for the ability of the curly bracket wizards to
          do all sorts of cool things.
          I don't know why you prefer the square brackets, but I like them in that the user
          can make a lot of choices all at the same time. I am learning to manage my curly
          bracket wizards so that I can make them easier to use. The best thing I learned in
          the last couple of days is the set command (and I've seen examples of it before,
          just learning it now though.) It can specify a whole gob of variables at the same
          time and make quite an impressive wizard.
          There seem to be other ways to group them so that they pop up all at the same time
          but I am not quite clear on the procedure except that sometimes it happens and
          sometimes not.
          I only found one thread in this list about square versus curly.
          The thread is: [Clip] Re: Execute Clip Wizards conditionally, rather than
          automatically
          and one of the messages is #391.
          Take care all, and happy December!
          Stephen
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 4, 2000
            Hi Stephen, Lotta, and Clippers,

            > The best thing I learned in the last couple of days is the set
            > command (and I've seen examples of it before, just learning it
            > now though.) It can specify a whole gob of variables at the
            > same time and make quite an impressive wizard.

            FYI: Huge wizards can cause the Combobox out of memory error when
            in a low resource condition.

            > There seem to be other ways to group them so that they pop up
            > all at the same time but I am not quite clear on the procedure
            > except that sometimes it happens and sometimes not.

            I did the following from memory; I hope it is all correct. <g>

            Bracket and Brace Quick Reference

            1. Brackets are interpreted before the Clip runs line by line.
            2. Braces are *not* interpreted until NoteTab gets to that line
            during the actual execution of the script.
            3. Brackets can be anywhere in the Clip to be in the same wizard.
            4. Braces must be grouped in one line to be in the same wizard
            using no command or commands such as: ^!InsertText, ^!Set,
            ^!SetArray, ^!Append, ^!Open, ^!DeleteFile...
            5. Braces can be used to make multiple multi-field wizards in one
            script when used in different parts of the script.
            6. You can use the "^!Clip" command to have either Brackets or
            Braces make multiple multi-field wizards in one complete script.
            7. Brackets and Braces can accept the "|" and "^=" code to make
            multiple list items.
            8. Brackets and Braces can accept the "(T=O)" and "(T=D)" type code
            which create a "Browse" button, but "Listboxes" (multiple items
            in pull down Combobox) cannot be used; only one default item can
            be in the wizard field with the "(T=O)" and "(T=D)" type code.
            9. Brackets accept functions, but the function code shows up in the
            wizard field(s).
            10. Braces accept functions, but the function is not seen in the
            wizard field(s). The function is evaluated and executed before
            the wizard is opened (built) so that "^$GetAppPath$" will be the
            actual path of NoteTab. (^?[=^$GetAppPath$] - ^?{=^$GetAppPath$})

            For additional information see the Help file under:

            Clip Language - Introduction (Parsing and evaluation sequence)
            Clip Language - Clip Wizard and Fields
            Lessons One/Two in ClipClass.otl:
            http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

            Tips on how to use (install) the reference:

            You can add the above to an H=;Info type Clip using a long Hint like
            the following on one line which will force the window to be made
            wide:

            H=;Bracket and Brace Quick Reference - Pops up info box with information on Brackets and Braces

            If you prefer a regular Clip, do a Find ^p and Replace with ^^p on
            the text and add ^!Info in front of it. You can make the window
            wider with something like...
            ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$ http://www.notetab.net ^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
            ...above the ^!Info line. :)

            You can rename ReadMe.txt to something different like ReadMe.483 and
            then save the above as ReadMe.txt to access it from the Help menu.
            (Who reads the ReadMe files anyway, eh?:)

            ...and, there is the Clipbar. ;)

            http://www.notetab.net

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          • Harvey R. Savage
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 4, 2000
              Jody wrote:

              > FYI: Huge wizards can cause the Combobox out of memory error when
              > in a low resource condition.
              >

              > Happy Clip'n!
              > Jody

              Hi Jody,

              What's your definition of a 'HUGE' wizard? I wrote a clip that
              defines 47 variables (if I didn't miscount), does all the search
              and replace and then clears variables.

              I haven't had any trouble yet but if I do this may give me
              another place to troubleshoot.
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 4, 2000
                Hi Harvey,

                >What's your definition of a 'HUGE' wizard? I wrote a clip that
                >defines 47 variables (if I didn't miscount), does all the search
                >and replace and then clears variables.

                One with many input fields in the wizard. It is resource
                dependent and perhaps the amount on items in the comboboxes. I
                think I get the error at about 30 depending on my resources at
                the time. I can close down and app or two and run the Clip. It
                is not uncommon for me to have a couple browser, two eMail
                copies, ICQ, and a number of tray utilities, etc. running at the
                same time.