FarClips.dat alternate library file type

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2000
      Hi,

      Please respond to my ?? is right here, the first paragraph. (Remainder of
      post merely shows how much fun I was having). I would guess that any
      library that must be "in the open clipbook" position in order to function
      properly could not be put into and could not be used in a .dat type of a
      library file?? If so, please elaborate briefly on which type
      libraries/clips cannot be used in a .dat type of a library file??

      I was checking out FarClip demo2 in NoteTab's SampleCode library. I want
      to use such method for a bunch of my lesser frequented clips.

      To do so is something new and recently discovered for me. Nonetheless, I
      have succeeded with it in a small way already (see mytrial below).

      A few my smaller .clb libraries, I want to just copy them (minus header
      stuff, etc.) over into a myclips.dat file. As follows, myclips.dat would
      then take the place of those particular .clb libraries.

      I see the possibility (and probably will do so) to have one .clb library
      named repository (or access or index, etc.). This .clb would be so named
      because it would hold only clips that access the other clips contained in
      myclips.dat. (In repository.clb each clip header would correspond to a
      certain category. And each clip therein would use ^!FarClip with a wizard
      so as to pick from amongst the .dat file clips that are within that
      category).

      So, repository.clb makes for handy accessing/launch of the bigger amount of
      script stuff contained in myclips.dat

      The clips contained within repository.clb would thus have the ability to
      access/launch what had formerly existed as two or three of the .clb
      libraries. So, two or three buttons eliminated from my library
      bar. Yay! And, my lesser frequented clips are still available for use
      while kept in an out of the way place.

      mytrial follows (^!FarClip is a long line):

      H="datclip test"
      ^!FarClip "^$GetLibraryPath$myclips.dat:"^?[(H=22)choose one==Show
      Date|Set|curdoc demo]""
      ;----<end of clip<<

      ;-----next line begins contents myclips.dat-----
      H="Show Date"