Specifying Document

  • Elizabeth Wild
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2000
      Jody et al.

      First of all thanks for pointing me to the ^!SetDocIndex. Here is my current problem. Every time I check the variable (that's what all the ^!Info lines are for) I get 2.
      However, when it gets time to use that information in the ^!SetDocIndex line -- FAILURE occurs.

      Any ideas???

      :New
      ^!Set %NewIndex%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ;^!Info ^%NewIndex%
      ^!Set %NewIndex%=^$StrTrim(^%NewIndex%)$
      ;^!Info ^%NewIndex%
      ^!Open C:\My Documents\Toni\NoteTab\Documents\New.txt
      ^!Toolbar Select All
      ^!Keyboard DELETE
      ^!Toolbar Paste Board
      ^!Delay 10
      ;^!Info ^%NewIndex%
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%NewIndex%

      Elizabeth Wild
      ewild@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2000
        Hi Elizabeth,

        Your code all looks good. The reason why 2 comes up as your
        DocIndex is that is what tab you have focused at the time you
        start the Clip. I did not test it, but I believe if you remove
        the space after "^!SetDocIndex ^%NewIndex% " that it should work.

        You don't need the StrTrim in "^!Set %NewIndex%=^$StrTrim(^%NewIndex%)$ "
        and also take out the space behind it. StrTrim is used to remove
        spaces from each end of a string and NoteTab does not return
        spaces with ^$GetDocIndex$.

        >First of all thanks for pointing me to the ^!SetDocIndex. Here
        >is my current problem. Every time I check the variable (that's
        >what all the ^!Info lines are for) I get 2.
        >However, when it gets time to use that information in the
        >^!SetDocIndex line -- FAILURE occurs.
        >
        >Any ideas???
        >
        >:New
        >^!Set %NewIndex%=^$GetDocIndex$
        >;^!Info ^%NewIndex%
        >^!Set %NewIndex%=^$StrTrim(^%NewIndex%)$
        >;^!Info ^%NewIndex%
        >^!Open C:\My Documents\Toni\NoteTab\Documents\New.txt
        >^!Toolbar Select All
        >^!Keyboard DELETE
        >^!Toolbar Paste Board
        >^!Delay 10