Re: [Clip] Delayed Email!!

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2000
      <grin>
      I guess I'm not the only one in the twilight zone. :-) I asked Jody the
      same question, and lo and behold, a couple of them came in a little while
      later. But it is real slow.

      Cindy

      At 01:15 AM 11/9/00 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hello Lists,
      >
      >Is anyone else experiencing this? Over the last couple of days
      >I've been receiving delayed mail from the NoteTab lists, NTB, NB,
      >CLIPS, to name just a few. I'm subscribed to 11 lists I
      >believe.
      >
      >I haven't received late mail on all of them but, I have on at
      >least 3 or 4 of the lists.
      >
      >Following is an example, I received this very late on the 8th or
      >early on the 9th of November.
      >
      >NOTICE the Date!
      >

      >hrs
      >

      >Alan wrote:
      >
      > > Subject: Re: [Clip] Date Question
      > > Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:38:51 -0800
      > > From: Alan <acummings@...>
      > > To: ntb-clips@egroups.com
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > FWIW the following did away with the leading zero (06 etc.) month problem
      > >
      > > **** (take note the next line as compared down below) ***** *****
      > > ^!Set %Month%=^$GetDate(mm)$
      > > ^!Set %Day%=^$Calc(^$GetDate(dd)$-1)$
      > > ^!If ^%Day%>0 Done
      > > :Marvin
      > > ^!setarray %m%=12;01;02;03;04;05;06;07;08;09;10;11
      > >
      > > ***** (changed next line thus) ***** ****** ******
      > > ^!Set %Month%=^$Calc(^$GetDate(mm)$-0)$
      > > ^!Set %Day%=^$Calc(^$GetDate(dd)$-1)$
      > > ^!If ^%Day%>0 Done
      > > :Marvin
      > > ^!setarray %m%=12;01;02;03;04;05;06;07;08;09;10;11
      > >
      > > Thanks much. Regards. Alan.
      > >

      >eGroups Sponsor

      Cindy (cas@...)
      ICQ: 287141
      If you get bored, check out: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
      Of course, you'll have to complain to me when you see that it hasn't been
      updated in ages.
    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2000
        > Hello Lists,
        >
        > Is anyone else experiencing this? Over the last couple of days
        > I've been receiving delayed mail from the NoteTab lists, NTB, NB,
        > CLIPS, to name just a few. I'm subscribed to 11 lists I believe.
        >
        > I haven't received late mail on all of them but, I have on at
        > least 3 or 4 of the lists.
        >
        > Following is an example, I received this very late on the 8th or
        > early on the 9th of November.
        >
        > NOTICE the Date!

        Yep. Sth weird going on. I first thought everybody's gone votin' :)
        Was it that egroups merged with yahoo or what? The merger does not
        seem to serve them well. :(
      • Eb Guenther
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2000
          Hi Harvey,

          >NOTICE the Date!

          Yes, and notice the SUBJECT.

          >Alan wrote:
          >
          > > Subject: Re: [Clip] Date Question
          > > Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:38:51 -0800
          > > From: Alan <acummings@...>
          > > To: ntb-clips@egroups.com
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > FWIW the following did away with the leading zero (06 etc.) month problem

          If you investigate recent posts by Alan Cummings, you will discover
          all sorts of strange dates. But note the TOPIC of the posts!

          The thread was about dealing with the end of the month!! I'd guess
          that Alan had just set back the clock on his PC to test some Clips
          that dealt with different dates, and he did not bother setting the
          clock back to the current date.

          Or maybe it is his way of going back to the "good ole days".

          Cheers,

          Eb