Re: [Clip] Delayed Email!!

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2000
      Yes,
      I believe e-groups does a cache or something. I sometimes see folks heatedly
      discussing something, then hours later see the post that started it all.
      Now that I am using a POP-Mail server to receive my postings, things seem more
      connected, but when I was using a web-mail server, I sometimes had no idea what
      the thread was and if it looked halfway interesting visited e-groups site to
      see what the thread was about.
      I believe e-groups actually has a disclaimer concerning this, but since it is
      more than a year since I've read it, I could not quote it for you.
      Stephen
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2000
        Hi Eb, all,

        > If you investigate recent posts by Alan Cummings, you will discover
        > all sorts of strange dates. But note the TOPIC of the posts!
        >
        > The thread was about dealing with the end of the month!! I'd guess
        > that Alan had just set back the clock on his PC to test some Clips
        > that dealt with different dates, and he did not bother setting the
        > clock back to the current date.
        >

        > Or maybe it is his way of going back to the "good ole days".

        Ah, nostalgia :-)

        Eb caught it.

        I had no idea something like that would happen. I thought email date was
        set by email server or etc.

        Well, you can take it as proof that I set my computer's date back while I
        accomplished testing/exploring/discovering/learning of the "Date" clip.

        This scenario would explain why I sometimes get an email from the list with
        a date and time that's in the future. Yes, I received one this morning with
        the time stamp on it was near 45 minutes ahead of my local time here in
        Sacramento, California (near West coast USA time zone) How's that for fast
        delivery?

        Regards. Alan.