[Clip] Re: Looking for a better way to switch files than this

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 1999
      From: Jody <kjb1611@...>
      To: <ntb-clips@egroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 06, 1999 9:10 PM
      Subject: [Clip] Re: Looking for a better way to switch files than this

      > Nice clip and great idea for when working with large amount of
      > docs - *especially* when switching back and forth to the clip
      > editor and when you do not want to stack tabs (or cannot due
      > to the amount of open docs).

      It is handy -- borrowed from the good old days of 8 bit software.* "Type
      number, or use arrows, then press Return." The modern list box doesn't seem
      to want to accept "14" to go to file 14, more's the pity...takes me to 1 then
      4.

      > ^!Set %docs%=^$GetDocName(^%num%)$
      > ^!IF ^%num% < ^$GetDocCount$ GetNext ELSE Out
      >
      > I got to looking at that and don't understand why you had it in
      > there at all? It wasn't doing what I was thinking anyway.

      At the time I didn't know how to delete the final "|" from the string, so had
      to construct the string differently -- start with "Name1" and add blocks of
      "|NameN" rather start with nothing and add blocks of "NameN|". I figured I
      had to avoid the loop if appropriate when using that method...although it
      would be a better idea to just exit if there was only one document.

      Thanks much for the changes. Now all I need is a better way to hot-key it
      than using autoreplace...!

      --
      * I still miss Appleworks (no relation to current product of same name).

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 1999
        Hi Forrest,

        > Thanks much for the changes. Now all I need is a better way to
        > hot-key it than using autoreplace...!

        Maybe we'll get lucky and get it in the Gold. Hot-keys sure would
        be nice! I'm pretty sure we will have a configurable toolbar that
        we will be able to assign clips to so that would work and maybe Eric
        could nake it so we added our own hotkeys to the tools we made.

        Imagine, hotkey your favorite clip from anywhere in Windows. :) It
        would open up a whole new world for us!

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page