Re: [Clip] Question about using ^!Replace function

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2000
      Hi Elizabeth,

      At 08:27 PM 10/25/2000 -0000, you wrote:
      >If I use the replace function from the Menus. When I do a replace
      >all, I get an information box telling me how many replacements were
      >made.
      >
      >Is there a way to capture that number when you do a replace all from
      >a clip??
      >
      >Thanks for any help you can offer.
      >
      >Elizabeth

      If you are going to replace all occurrences in a document or if you are
      only going to replace all occurrences in a selection, set up your clip to
      make the selection you want or do it manually before you run the clip. Now
      as the first part of the clip:

      ^!Set %ItemCount%=^$StrCount("SearchString";"^$GetSelection$";False;False)$

      Then add your ^!Replace command after that.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...