Re: [Clip] Re: solution for opening file in another application doesn't work

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 20, 2000
      Hi Eric,

      It seems that way to me at times also Eric, that is about people
      missing my posts. sometime I even wonder if they have me
      filtered. ;) It could just be the way mail is and some mail just
      takes a long time to get to certain people, yet other mail gets
      to them sooner. eGroups is strange at times too the way it
      releases mail. Then some ISPs are slower and get backed up with
      an actual waiting list before the mil is delivered. Maybe
      someday we will be able to afford our own mailserver with a 24
      hour connection tot have to be concerned with ads and delay
      times. It sure did not take eGroups long at all to get the ads
      back to the bottom. I suppose they were testing to see how much
      they could get away with.

      >>^!SetClipboard ^$GetDocName$
      >>^!C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 3\Dreamweaver.exe
      >
      >It seems to me that no one has seen my original post about the
      >command line, so I'll repeat it below:
      >
      >Your path name to Dreamweaver contains spaces. In this case,
      >Windows requires that you use quotes to delimit the full
      >filename. Also, if you are using NoteTab 4.82 or higher, it is
      >better to use the ^!Shell command to execute another program.
      >Example (all on one line):
      >
      >^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 3\Dreamweaver.exe"
      >"^$GetDocName$"

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...