Re: [Clip] solution for opening file in another application doesn't work

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2000
      Hi Pierre,

      >Sorry to say the solution you gave me doesn't work, for two
      >reasons : it creates a syntax error at line 4.

      I don't doubt for a minute it that it erred. I don't have
      DreamWeaver and have no idea what the Titlebars say or what the
      keyboard shortcuts are. You were to edit the Clip to what is
      correct. ;)

      >The logic of this clip does not correspond to what I want anyway,
      >because what I need is to open the SAME document as Notetab in
      >Dreamweaver,

      Yes, and that was the logic of the clip.

      >and switch between both programs, and not make a clone or a copy
      >of the file opened in Notetab. Think it would be just as the
      >"view in browser" function. Except it would be "view in
      >Dreamweaver".

      OH, OK, yes, I was making a copy of the file in NoteTab and
      pasting into DW.

      >I think I am very close to the solution, building the following
      >two-line clip, which uses a shell command:
      >
      >^!SetClipboard ^$GetDocName$
      >^!C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 3\Dreamweaver.exe
      >:^$GetDocName$

      OK, getting closer. Like I mentioned - a commandline is the way
      to go if DW has it.

      >This means I succeeded in getting the path of the document, but
      >that Note Tab adds to it the path of Note Tab Pro directory !!
      >That's really strange. How can I get my docuemnts path without
      >having it put "C:\Program Files\Note Tab Pro\: at the beginning
      >of it ? If I find how to do this, my problem is solved.

      OK, lets do this. If Custom Launch (see other post) does not
      work for you, then send in your Clip. If the Clip is real long,
      send in the section you are describing above. Put a comment
      where you are getting the error message and exactly what it is.
      We might have to use something like ^$StrDelete(...)$ getting rid
      of some of the code.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...