[Clip] Access Violations

  • genxtruth@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 1999
      I have recently started getting Access Violations on 3 different machines
      that I am using NoteTab Pro 4.6a/np. The configurations for the machine are
      as follows:

      #1 - Home PC \ PII 333 - 64MR RAM - Win95
      #2 - Work I \ Pentium 133 - 16MB RAM - Win98
      #3 - Work II \ Pentium 133 - 32MB - Win95

      I have noticed others getting access violation errors also. Has there been
      a fix for this? What is the status of the errors?

      Thanks in Advance!

      P.S. Still lovin' NTP!

    • Dan Huston
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 1999
        I am as well, at home and at work. Work is Nt workstation 4 w/ 128 meg and
        home is Win98 with 212 meg.

        --Dan

        On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 genxtruth@... wrote:

        > I have recently started getting Access Violations on 3 different machines
        > that I am using NoteTab Pro 4.6a/np. The configurations for the machine are
        > as follows:
        >
        > #1 - Home PC \ PII 333 - 64MR RAM - Win95
        > #2 - Work I \ Pentium 133 - 16MB RAM - Win98
        > #3 - Work II \ Pentium 133 - 32MB - Win95
        >
        > I have noticed others getting access violation errors also. Has there been
        > a fix for this? What is the status of the errors?
        >
        > Thanks in Advance!
        >
        > P.S. Still lovin' NTP!

        > Track your stocks and funds in a StockMaster portfolio. With easy
        > setup, you get quotes, charts, and news for them all on just one page.
        > No limits, fast loading, and FREE!
        > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/238
        >

        > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

        Dan Huston Phone (602) 727-6652
        Measurement, Statistics and Methodological Studies Fax (602) 965-0300
        Psychology in Education dan.huston@...
        325 Payne Hall http://seamonkey.ed.asu.edu/~huston
        Arizona State University
        Tempe, AZ 85287-0611

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 1999
          Hi Genxtruth, Dan, and All,

          > I have recently started getting Access Violations...

          There is not a fix for those yet that you download.

          When you get them you might want to go ahead and reboot which
          will normally stop them for awhile.

          There are two solid cases that we know about causing the problem.
          One is dealing with having three documents open and making a
          Second Window out of the last two to the right. When they are
          closed one at a time the error occurs when trying to close the
          third one. The other one deals with using Match Brackets paste
          the end of the line. That may not be the exacts of how they
          happen, but close.

          Others have reported when a number of documents are open and
          "putting NoteTab through the ringer" with a lot of editing. This
          cannot be duplicated so far though like most of them, but has
          happened to me on my Win95. They are happening in all flavours
          of Windows as well.

          If you find a solid cause, that is, after you reboot you can make
          it happen again at will, please send the procedure to Eric at
          Bugs@...

          c ya,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.
          Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

        • TwoCities
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 1999
            Hi People

            You can get a free full version language software.
            Choose either French, Spanish, Italian or German
            >from the Language Assistant Delux Series.

            Not found in anywhere else! You can tell anyone
            about it, it's free for a limited time.

            Go To http://come.to/twocities

            Regards.

            Irene Goldberg