Re: [Clip] CAPS LOCK and Insert key in OnOpen

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 14, 2000
      Hi Jason,

      Why not program conversion to UpperCase as the the last function
      of each clip you use for RPG programming, or the last function of
      one clip that is always used last? That way you won't be
      bothered by such thoughts as, "Oh !@#$ I forgot to turn the caps
      on..."

      hrs

      --
      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 14, 2000
        Hi Harvey and Jason,

        At 07:58 AM 10/14/2000 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi Jason,
        >
        >Why not program conversion to UpperCase as the the last function
        >of each clip you use for RPG programming, or the last function of
        >one clip that is always used last? That way you won't be
        >bothered by such thoughts as, "Oh !@#$ I forgot to turn the caps
        >on..."

        A good idea. The last clip should be one with a wizard to save his work so
        you just place:

        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+A Alt+M C U

        At the beginning of the clip followed by the save wizard and put the button
        on your clipbar. Now when you finish with your RPG document, you just
        click the special "Save RPG" button and the document is converted to all
        uppercase and saved.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Eb Guenther
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 14, 2000
          Hi Jason,

          >On 12/10/2000 at 8:51 PM Eb Guenther wrote:
          > >It sounds like you want to enter a bunch of text as upper case.
          > >
          > >Why not just enter it a will, then select it and convert it to
          > >upper case?
          >
          >That's more difficult than actually hitting the caps lock key before I
          >begin. If I'm *THAT* lazy, do you think I really want to be selecting
          >stuff and using a menu option or remembering a keystroke? ;)

          I guess you already had your mind on something else,
          or you would have caught the implication, that, being
          in the ntb-clips group, that I was talking about a CLIP
          doing the selecting and changing to upper case.

          Sorry, I didn't think I would have to spell that out.

          Check the help file for the "^$StrUpper function.

          Eb
        • Jason Waugh
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 14, 2000
            >Why not program conversion to UpperCase as the the last function
            >of each clip you use for RPG programming, or the last function of
            >one clip that is always used last? That way you won't be
            >bothered by such thoughts as, "Oh !@#$ I forgot to turn the caps
            >on..."

            Ah it just doesn't look right unless I start off in uppercase...

            PLUS... here's the kicker... all of the code and whatnot is in uppercase, but any text used for display/printer output is in mixed mode... ;) Changing everything to upper case via clip would ruin that.

            Lots of great solutions though... thanks Eb, Larry, Harvey... I'm coming close to a solution now, thanks to your last three posts.

            I'm going to make an Autoreplace clip that is just a list of letters to be replaced with their capitals. (can I do this?) As for the display and printer output - I'll just have to come up with a clip with some intelligence to deal with those... better think on this some more - I think in almost all cases mixed mode text is between single quotes and always appears at the same character position in a line.

            Would be nice if I could turn the Autoreplace on and off everytime I hit the single quote key ;) Actually... I suppose I could just hit F4 everytime I want to do mixed mode text.

            Thanks,
            Jason Waugh.
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 14, 2000
              Hi Jason,

              >I'm going to make an Autoreplace clip that is just a list of
              >letters to be replaced with their capitals. (can I do this?)

              Yep, but you cannot use certain characters because they will
              conflict with the scripting code:

              H=gets
              GetSelection^&

              >Would be nice if I could turn the Autoreplace on and off
              >everytime I hit the single quote key ;) Actually... I suppose I
              >could just hit F4 everytime I want to do mixed mode text.

              Put a ^!Keyboard command in to do that in the Auto-Replace
              Library. You've seen enough to where you can probably build it
              now. ;)

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...