Re: [Clip] Help

  • Eb Guenther
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 5, 2000
      Hi Larry, Richard,

      >^!AddHeading PI ^$GetDate(yymm)$.^$Calc(^$GetTopicIndex$+1;0)$

      Just to be on the safe side, I would use "^$GetTopicCount$" rather
      than "^$GetTopicIndex$", to be sure that the new topic doesn't get
      an unintentional duplicate topic number in it's name (i.e. if the
      cursor is on a heading that is not the last to have been added).

      I.e.:
      ^!AddHeading PI ^$GetDate(yymm)$.^$Calc(^$GetTopicCount$+1;0)$

      Cheers,

      Eb
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 5, 2000
        Hi Eb,

        At 10:31 AM 10/05/2000 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hi Larry, Richard,
        >

        >>^!AddHeading PI ^$GetDate(yymm)$.^$Calc(^$GetTopicIndex$+1;0)$
        >

        >Just to be on the safe side, I would use "^$GetTopicCount$" rather
        >than "^$GetTopicIndex$", to be sure that the new topic doesn't get
        >an unintentional duplicate topic number in it's name (i.e. if the
        >cursor is on a heading that is not the last to have been added).
        >
        >I.e.:
        >^!AddHeading PI ^$GetDate(yymm)$.^$Calc(^$GetTopicCount$+1;0)$

        ;-)

        That was, in actual fact, the first clip that I wrote and then I changed it
        because I thought , 'What if he inserts the new heading somewhere before
        the last topic?'. Stupid me! The clip should be:

        ^!Jump DOC_END
        ^!AddHeading PI ^$GetDate(yymm)$.^$Calc(^$GetTopicCount$+1;0)$

        Which takes care of the whole problem. Yes??? Unless he wants to be able
        to specify the starting number and the increment/decrement value. ê¿ê

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Clint Tredway
        Message 3 of 11 , May 24, 2002
          If I leave any of the fields blank I get an error at the Jump command?

          Any ideas?

          From: "Ville Saalo" <villes@...>
          Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:02:26 +0300

          >I have a question that I cannot figure out.
          >
          >Lets say that I have a clip with 4 questions... How do I
          not show one of the parameters if I leave it blank?

          >Thanks!

          I think this will do it:

          ;####### begin clip (6 lines long) #####
          ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^?[Your name:=John])$ = 1 ^!Jump +2
          Name: ^?[Your name:]^%nl%
          ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^?[Your location:=Earth])$ = 1 ^!Jump +2
          Location: ^?[Your location:]
          ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^?[Your NoteTab version:=Pro])$ = 1 ^!Jump +2
          NTB version: ^?[Your NoteTab version:]
          ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^?[The answer:=42])$ = 1 ^!Jump +2
          Answer to question 4: ^?[The answer:]
          ;####### end clip #####

          -Ville

        • Ville Saalo
          Message 4 of 11 , May 24, 2002

            Message 5 of 11 , May 24, 2002
              Ok, here is an example:

              <CF_BH_INTRANETROUNDHEADER TITLE="^?[Title]"
              Width="^?[Width:]"
              BACKCOLOR="^?[Color:=_blue|gold|rust]"
              ForeColor="^?[Font Color:=_white|black]"
              LINKTITLE="^?[Link Title:]"
              LINKURL="^?[URL:]">

              If I leave any of the above fields blank, I do not want to show the empty fields.. Am I making sense now?

              Thanks for the help..

              From: hsavage <hsavage@...>
              Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:07:17 -0500

              > Clint Tredway wrote:
              >
              > I have a question that I cannot figure out.
              >
              > Lets say that I have a clip with 4 questions... How do I not show one
              of the parameters if I leave it blank?

              > Thanks!

              Clint,

              There are several answers, depending on what you need. You could use
              the ^%empty% variable or double, double quotes, to be placeholders, or,
              ^$IsEmpty(Value)$ to skip over a parameter.

              There would also be other ways to skip a blank parameter.

              ^!IfDiff
              ^IfSame
              ^!If

              A sample question and further explanation of what not to show would be
              helpful.

              hrs

            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 11 , May 24, 2002
                > Clint Tredway wrote:
                >
                > I have a question that I cannot figure out.
                >
                > Lets say that I have a clip with 4 questions... How do I not show one
                of the parameters if I leave it blank?

                > Thanks!

                Clint,

                There are several answers, depending on what you need. You could use
                the ^%empty% variable or double, double quotes, to be placeholders, or,
                ^$IsEmpty(Value)$ to skip over a parameter.

                There would also be other ways to skip a blank parameter.

                ^!IfDiff
                ^IfSame
                ^!If

                A sample question and further explanation of what not to show would be
                helpful.

                hrs
              • Jason Waugh
                Message 7 of 11 , May 24, 2002
                  Hi Clint,

                  CT> <CF_BH_INTRANETROUNDHEADER TITLE="^?[Title]"
                  CT> Width="^?[Width:]"
                  CT> BACKCOLOR="^?[Color:=_blue|gold|rust]"
                  CT> ForeColor="^?[Font Color:=_white|black]"
                  CT> LINKTITLE="^?[Link Title:]"
                  CT> LINKURL="^?[URL:]">

                  CT> If I leave any of the above fields blank, I do not want to show the empty fields.. Am I making
                  CT> sense now?

                  Try this, (copied from the NoteTab help files) - note, I just tried
                  this and it works well. You will have to put your whole command on
                  one long line though ;)

                  ^!InsertWizardHtml Any text with tokens (^p/^t) (added in v4.8):

                  Similar to ^!InsertHtml command, but removes attributes that have no
                  value. This command is useful when used together with the Clip wizard.
                  It allows the user to leave certain fields blank in the Wizard, and
                  the corresponding tags are then automatically removed before being
                  inserted in the document.

                  Example: ^!InsertWizardHtml <TD ALIGN="" WIDTH=""> will insert the
                  following tag in your document: <TD>

                  Jason Waugh
                • Don Passenger
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 24, 2002
                    The underline creates a default. Leave off the underline and there will be
                    nothing there, hence blank like you want it I believe.
                    ForeColor="^?[Font Color:=white|black]"

                    --
                    Don Passenger
                    mailto:dpasseng@...
                    > <CF_BH_INTRANETROUNDHEADER TITLE="^?[Title]"
                    > Width="^?[Width:]"
                    > BACKCOLOR="^?[Color:=_blue|gold|rust]"
                    > ForeColor="^?[Font Color:=_white|black]"
                    > LINKTITLE="^?[Link Title:]"
                    > LINKURL="^?[URL:]">
                    >
                    > If I leave any of the above fields blank, I do not want to show the empty
                    fields.. Am I making sense now?

                    > Thanks for the help..

                    > From: hsavage <hsavage@...>
                    > Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:07:17 -0500
                    >
                    > > Clint Tredway wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I have a question that I cannot figure out.
                    > >
                    > > Lets say that I have a clip with 4 questions... How do I not show one
                    > of the parameters if I leave it blank?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    >
                    > Clint,
                    >
                    > There are several answers, depending on what you need. You could use
                    > the ^%empty% variable or double, double quotes, to be placeholders, or,
                    > ^$IsEmpty(Value)$ to skip over a parameter.
                    >
                    > There would also be other ways to skip a blank parameter.
                    >
                    > ^!IfDiff
                    > ^IfSame
                    > ^!If
                    >
                    > A sample question and further explanation of what not to show would be
                    > helpful.
                    >
                    > hrs

                  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 24, 2002
                      Clint Tredway wrote:

                      > I think this will do it:
                      >
                      > ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^?[Your name:=John])$ = 1 ^!Jump +2
                      > Name: ^?[Your name:]^%nl%

                      Here are some ways to improve on that.

                      Use "^!IfTrue" rather than "^!If".

                      Doing so makes the clip slightly faster, more reliable, easier to read
                      and eliminates the need for the "=1".

                      "^!Jump +2" moves the cursor two lines down in the document window.

                      You are confusing it with "^!Goto SKIP_2"

                      But with the If-type commands, ^!Goto is not needed.

                      So I would change your example to:
                      (Note the need to only skip over one line, not two)

                      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^?[Your name:=John])$ Skip
                      Name: ^?[Your name:]^%nl%

                      But it will also work like this: (one long line)

                      ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^?[Your name:=John])$ ^!InsertText Name: ^?[Your name:]^%nl%
                    • Christine F. Muehling
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 27, 2002
                        I realize this is old news to the list by now, but I am catching up on years
                        of posts, trying to learn more.
                        Wayne and all other gentlemen involved: This clip is going to save me some
                        real time! I appreciate it. I could never figure out how to get rid of
                        empty tags, even sometimes using the ^!InsertWizardHtml. Sometimes I
                        couldn't get it set right, and I'd still end up with empty tags.

                        Thanks!
                        Christine