[Clip] Re: Silly Question...

  • Von Winkle Karl R NPRI
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
      Jody,
      Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
      HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

      Say I have the Statement...

      IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print "hello"

      and I want to put this in a web page It needs to be ..

      IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print
      "hello"

      I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to HTML. Using
      the Characters to HTML does not do the Special characters.

      I'll be ordering the Standard Version of NoteTAB this weekend.

      Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare software with
      support!! Kewl.

      Thanks in Advance.

      Karl VonWinkle

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
        Hi Karl,

        > I need the Characters to HTML/All Special Characters. It does
        > not seem to be on the list?

        No, it is not.

        > IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>
        > IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>

        > I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to
        > HTML. Using the Characters to HTML does not do the Special
        > characters.

        There are a number of ways to do what you want though. I saved
        the best for last. :)

        Build a clip:
        You need to reverse the find replace in this and add others you
        want. See other S&R options in help under ^!Find like H to do
        only selected text

        ^!Replace "<" >> "<" WAS
        ^!Replace ">" >> ">" WAS
        ^!Replace """ >> """ WAS

        Menubar/Modify/Document to HTML/No Paragraph Tags:
        You will need to copy/paste your text into a document by itself
        that you want converted then once you get the output copy it and
        place it where you want it. A clip could be made to do all that
        for you from the text you select though.

        H=Character Converter
        ; Jody; 06-03-1999
        ^!SetHintInfo Converting...
        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^%Text%
        ^!Keyboard Alt+M D N

        ; Change the Find criteria to the end data that is
        ; in your Internet Options for HTML Footer.
        ^!Find "^p^p</FONT>"
        ^!SelectTo 15:1
        ^!Toolbar Copy

        ; Remove one of the Close discard if you use.htm
        ; or .html as a default New Document extension.
        ^!Close Discard
        ^!Close Discard
        ^!Paste

        That could be done much faster if you used something like:

        H=Convert Characters
        ; Jody, Converts selection, 06-03-1999
        ; ..."Replace this";"With this";"In this"...

        ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace(">";"<";"^%Text%";False;False)$

        ------

        > Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare
        > software with support!! Kewl.

        Well, actually the freeware is not supported by NoteTab. The
        NoteTab Mailing lists are not affiliated with Fookes Software
        as in part of the organizational structure. However, the kind knowledgeable folk on the lists are willing to help (and get
        help:-).

        c ya,
        jody

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.
        Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 1999
          06/03/1999 9:07 PM Jody wrote
          > Hi Karl,

          >> I need the Characters to HTML/All Special Characters. It does
          >> not seem to be on the list?

          > No, it is not.

          >> IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>
          >> IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>

          >> I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to
          >> HTML. Using the Characters to HTML does not do the Special
          >> characters.

          other clip options -
          The HTML Library has a clip called 'Special character' that
          will let you select from a list but the easiest way would be
          to make an auto-replace Library with an entry for each. See
          HTML-ar clipbook.

          --- Grandma Kay ---
          http://notetab.kay.net

        • Ben Badgley
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 1999
            On 3 Jun 99, at 22:25, Von Winkle Karl R NPRI wrote:

            Jody,
            Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
            HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

            Say I have the Statement...

            IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print "hello"

            and I want to put this in a web page It needs to be ..

            IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print
            "hello"

            I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to HTML. Using
            the Characters to HTML does not do the Special characters.

            I'll be ordering the Standard Version of NoteTAB this weekend.

            Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare software with
            support!! Kewl.

            Thanks in Advance.

            Karl VonWinkle

            I'm not sure of the exact syntax of it yet what you are loking to do
            use the toolbar menu >highlight html< command to then script out
            a quick easy doc.write. this should help another notetabber offer
            more syntax on how to do it.
            Just my thoughts on the whole issue, oh and please refrain from
            Kewl. That word drives my Cool Aid man crazy ;-)

            > Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text
            > is selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters
            > to HTML" as an option?

            Look under Options under the Shortcut Menu tab:

            Document to HTML
            Characters to HTML

            Happy NoteTabbin',
            Jody Adair

            The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
            http://www.notetab.com

            The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
            Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

            Explore the Web for sites in Science & Technology from Looksmart!
            http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/302

            Ben Badgley
            __________
            Webmaster/My personal email account:
            dead-dog@...

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 1999
              06/04/1999 11:11 AM Ben Badgley wrote

              > On 3 Jun 99, at 22:25, Von Winkle Karl R NPRI wrote:

              > Jody,
              > Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
              > HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

              Apparently, the Characters to HTML that can be used as a
              toolbar icon or shortcut menu item is the same as the
              Extended Chrs rather than All Special.

              If you're a keyboard person (using English), you could use
              Alt+M R A
              If that key combo gets the right menu option for All Special
              Chr on your system, then you could use a clip to do it.

              ;---Start clip
              H=All Special Characters
              ^!Delay 1
              ^!KeyBoard Alt+M R A
              ;---end clip

              non-English could still use a key combo but it would
              probably be a different set of keys. You'd just need to go
              through the menu & use the underlined keys instead of the
              ones I used.

              The Delay 1 is just in case you use Ctrl+SpaceBar to execute
              the clip. It sometimes gives a keyboard error without the
              delay.

              --- Grandma Kay ---
              http://notetab.kay.net