[Clip] Re: Silly Question...

  • RS
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
      At 02:50 PM 06/03/99 -0400, you wrote:

      Hi Karl,

      >Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text is
      >selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters to HTML" as
      >an option?

      Look under "View|Options|ShortcutMenu". You can check the options you want
      to appear on the context menu, as well as uncheck others you don't want.
      You can even change their order by moving them up or down.

      >I'm currently using the LIGHT Version of NoteTAB but would purchase
      >NoteTAB for this one option if needed.

      You might just wish to go ahead and purchase it. You'll get full Clip
      functionality plus a few more extras.

      Regards,

      RS

      Have you ever dreamed of...
      a Professional Clip Editor for NoteTab?

      It's here:

      ClipWriter.

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

    • Von Winkle Karl R NPRI
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
        Jody,
        Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
        HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

        Say I have the Statement...

        IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print "hello"

        and I want to put this in a web page It needs to be ..

        IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print
        "hello"

        I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to HTML. Using
        the Characters to HTML does not do the Special characters.

        I'll be ordering the Standard Version of NoteTAB this weekend.

        Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare software with
        support!! Kewl.

        Thanks in Advance.

        Karl VonWinkle

        > Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text
        > is selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters
        > to HTML" as an option?

        Look under Options under the Shortcut Menu tab:

        Document to HTML
        Characters to HTML

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

        The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
        Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
          Hi Karl,

          > I need the Characters to HTML/All Special Characters. It does
          > not seem to be on the list?

          No, it is not.

          > IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>
          > IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>

          > I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to
          > HTML. Using the Characters to HTML does not do the Special
          > characters.

          There are a number of ways to do what you want though. I saved
          the best for last. :)

          Build a clip:
          You need to reverse the find replace in this and add others you
          want. See other S&R options in help under ^!Find like H to do
          only selected text

          ^!Replace "<" >> "<" WAS
          ^!Replace ">" >> ">" WAS
          ^!Replace """ >> """ WAS

          Menubar/Modify/Document to HTML/No Paragraph Tags:
          You will need to copy/paste your text into a document by itself
          that you want converted then once you get the output copy it and
          place it where you want it. A clip could be made to do all that
          for you from the text you select though.

          H=Character Converter
          ; Jody; 06-03-1999
          ^!SetHintInfo Converting...
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
          ^!Toolbar New Document
          ^%Text%
          ^!Keyboard Alt+M D N

          ; Change the Find criteria to the end data that is
          ; in your Internet Options for HTML Footer.
          ^!Find "^p^p</FONT>"
          ^!SelectTo 15:1
          ^!Toolbar Copy

          ; Remove one of the Close discard if you use.htm
          ; or .html as a default New Document extension.
          ^!Close Discard
          ^!Close Discard
          ^!Paste

          That could be done much faster if you used something like:

          H=Convert Characters
          ; Jody, Converts selection, 06-03-1999
          ; ..."Replace this";"With this";"In this"...

          ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
          ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace(">";"<";"^%Text%";False;False)$

          ------

          > Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare
          > software with support!! Kewl.

          Well, actually the freeware is not supported by NoteTab. The
          NoteTab Mailing lists are not affiliated with Fookes Software
          as in part of the organizational structure. However, the kind knowledgeable folk on the lists are willing to help (and get
          help:-).

          c ya,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.
          Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 1999
            06/03/1999 9:07 PM Jody wrote
            > Hi Karl,

            >> I need the Characters to HTML/All Special Characters. It does
            >> not seem to be on the list?

            > No, it is not.

            >> IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>
            >> IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>

            >> I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to
            >> HTML. Using the Characters to HTML does not do the Special
            >> characters.

            other clip options -
            The HTML Library has a clip called 'Special character' that
            will let you select from a list but the easiest way would be
            to make an auto-replace Library with an entry for each. See
            HTML-ar clipbook.

            --- Grandma Kay ---
            http://notetab.kay.net

          • Ben Badgley
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 1999
              On 3 Jun 99, at 22:25, Von Winkle Karl R NPRI wrote:

              Jody,
              Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
              HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

              Say I have the Statement...

              IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print "hello"

              and I want to put this in a web page It needs to be ..

              IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print
              "hello"

              I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to HTML. Using
              the Characters to HTML does not do the Special characters.

              I'll be ordering the Standard Version of NoteTAB this weekend.

              Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare software with
              support!! Kewl.

              Thanks in Advance.

              Karl VonWinkle

              I'm not sure of the exact syntax of it yet what you are loking to do
              use the toolbar menu >highlight html< command to then script out
              a quick easy doc.write. this should help another notetabber offer
              more syntax on how to do it.
              Just my thoughts on the whole issue, oh and please refrain from
              Kewl. That word drives my Cool Aid man crazy ;-)

              > Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text
              > is selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters
              > to HTML" as an option?

              Look under Options under the Shortcut Menu tab:

              Document to HTML
              Characters to HTML

              Happy NoteTabbin',
              Jody Adair

              The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
              http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
              http://www.notetab.com

              The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
              Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

              Explore the Web for sites in Science & Technology from Looksmart!
              http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/302

              Ben Badgley
              __________
              Webmaster/My personal email account:
              dead-dog@...

            • Kay Roath
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 1999
                06/04/1999 11:11 AM Ben Badgley wrote

                > On 3 Jun 99, at 22:25, Von Winkle Karl R NPRI wrote:

                > Jody,
                > Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
                > HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

                Apparently, the Characters to HTML that can be used as a
                toolbar icon or shortcut menu item is the same as the
                Extended Chrs rather than All Special.

                If you're a keyboard person (using English), you could use
                Alt+M R A
                If that key combo gets the right menu option for All Special
                Chr on your system, then you could use a clip to do it.

                ;---Start clip
                H=All Special Characters
                ^!Delay 1
                ^!KeyBoard Alt+M R A
                ;---end clip

                non-English could still use a key combo but it would
                probably be a different set of keys. You'd just need to go
                through the menu & use the underlined keys instead of the
                ones I used.

                The Delay 1 is just in case you use Ctrl+SpaceBar to execute
                the clip. It sometimes gives a keyboard error without the
                delay.

                --- Grandma Kay ---
                http://notetab.kay.net