Re: [Clip] Re: (Clip) GetOutput locks my machine

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      >In my case, the solution is to right click and disable Norton Antivirus 2000,
      >v6.1, and both above "GetOutput" commands run ok.
      >
      >This is not a problem for me as I expect to use "GetOutput" occasionally and
      >now know what to do first.
      >
      >Is this an anti-virus or NTP issue?

      It's more likely to be an anti-virus issue. The more aggressive the virus
      tracking gets, the more it interferes with normal Windows operations.
      Paradoxically, anti-virus programs are known to frequently produce
      compatibility problems like the one you experienced.

      >Also, understand new Windows operating
      >systems will not include DOS, if so, I assume at some point will need an
      >alternative to DOS commands like "GetOutput" for these Windows clip
      >solutions?

      GetOutput does not require DOS. It is designed to work with 32-bit console
      applications, which usually don't require DOS. I suppose you could say the
      DOS shell is a special type of console application.

      Regards,
      Eric Fookes
      NoteTab v4.82 available from