[Clip] Re: Silly Question...

  • RS
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
      At 02:50 PM 06/03/99 -0400, you wrote:

      Hi Karl,

      >Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text is
      >selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters to HTML" as
      >an option?

      Look under "View|Options|ShortcutMenu". You can check the options you want
      to appear on the context menu, as well as uncheck others you don't want.
      You can even change their order by moving them up or down.

      >I'm currently using the LIGHT Version of NoteTAB but would purchase
      >NoteTAB for this one option if needed.

      You might just wish to go ahead and purchase it. You'll get full Clip
      functionality plus a few more extras.

      Regards,

      RS

      Have you ever dreamed of...
      a Professional Clip Editor for NoteTab?

      It's here:

      ClipWriter.

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
        Hi Karl,

        > Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text
        > is selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters
        > to HTML" as an option?

        Look under Options under the Shortcut Menu tab:

        Document to HTML
        Characters to HTML

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

      • Von Winkle Karl R NPRI
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
          Jody,
          Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
          HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

          Say I have the Statement...

          IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print "hello"

          and I want to put this in a web page It needs to be ..

          IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print
          "hello"

          I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to HTML. Using
          the Characters to HTML does not do the Special characters.

          I'll be ordering the Standard Version of NoteTAB this weekend.

          Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare software with
          support!! Kewl.

          Thanks in Advance.

          Karl VonWinkle

          > Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text
          > is selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters
          > to HTML" as an option?

          Look under Options under the Shortcut Menu tab:

          Document to HTML
          Characters to HTML

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com

          The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
          Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
            Hi Karl,

            > I need the Characters to HTML/All Special Characters. It does
            > not seem to be on the list?

            No, it is not.

            > IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>
            > IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>

            > I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to
            > HTML. Using the Characters to HTML does not do the Special
            > characters.

            There are a number of ways to do what you want though. I saved
            the best for last. :)

            Build a clip:
            You need to reverse the find replace in this and add others you
            want. See other S&R options in help under ^!Find like H to do
            only selected text

            ^!Replace "<" >> "<" WAS
            ^!Replace ">" >> ">" WAS
            ^!Replace """ >> """ WAS

            Menubar/Modify/Document to HTML/No Paragraph Tags:
            You will need to copy/paste your text into a document by itself
            that you want converted then once you get the output copy it and
            place it where you want it. A clip could be made to do all that
            for you from the text you select though.

            H=Character Converter
            ; Jody; 06-03-1999
            ^!SetHintInfo Converting...
            ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
            ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
            ^!Toolbar New Document
            ^%Text%
            ^!Keyboard Alt+M D N

            ; Change the Find criteria to the end data that is
            ; in your Internet Options for HTML Footer.
            ^!Find "^p^p</FONT>"
            ^!SelectTo 15:1
            ^!Toolbar Copy

            ; Remove one of the Close discard if you use.htm
            ; or .html as a default New Document extension.
            ^!Close Discard
            ^!Close Discard
            ^!Paste

            That could be done much faster if you used something like:

            H=Convert Characters
            ; Jody, Converts selection, 06-03-1999
            ; ..."Replace this";"With this";"In this"...

            ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
            ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace(">";"<";"^%Text%";False;False)$

            ------

            > Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare
            > software with support!! Kewl.

            Well, actually the freeware is not supported by NoteTab. The
            NoteTab Mailing lists are not affiliated with Fookes Software
            as in part of the organizational structure. However, the kind knowledgeable folk on the lists are willing to help (and get
            help:-).

            c ya,
            jody

            I can only please one person a day.
            Today is obviously not your day.
            Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 1999
              06/03/1999 9:07 PM Jody wrote
              > Hi Karl,

              >> I need the Characters to HTML/All Special Characters. It does
              >> not seem to be on the list?

              > No, it is not.

              >> IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>
              >> IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <>

              >> I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to
              >> HTML. Using the Characters to HTML does not do the Special
              >> characters.

              other clip options -
              The HTML Library has a clip called 'Special character' that
              will let you select from a list but the easiest way would be
              to make an auto-replace Library with an entry for each. See
              HTML-ar clipbook.

              --- Grandma Kay ---
              http://notetab.kay.net

            • Ben Badgley
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 1999
                On 3 Jun 99, at 22:25, Von Winkle Karl R NPRI wrote:

                Jody,
                Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
                HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

                Say I have the Statement...

                IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print "hello"

                and I want to put this in a web page It needs to be ..

                IF I > 15 then if x <= 12 then if y <> z then Print
                "hello"

                I would like to be able to highlight the text and convert it to HTML. Using
                the Characters to HTML does not do the Special characters.

                I'll be ordering the Standard Version of NoteTAB this weekend.

                Your quick response to my question is the reason. FreeWare software with
                support!! Kewl.

                Thanks in Advance.

                Karl VonWinkle

                I'm not sure of the exact syntax of it yet what you are loking to do
                use the toolbar menu >highlight html< command to then script out
                a quick easy doc.write. this should help another notetabber offer
                more syntax on how to do it.
                Just my thoughts on the whole issue, oh and please refrain from
                Kewl. That word drives my Cool Aid man crazy ;-)

                > Is there some way to "ADD" to the right click menu when text
                > is selected, I would like to have the "MODIFY All Characters
                > to HTML" as an option?

                Look under Options under the Shortcut Menu tab:

                Document to HTML
                Characters to HTML

                Happy NoteTabbin',
                Jody Adair

                The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
                http://www.notetab.com

                The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
                Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

                Explore the Web for sites in Science & Technology from Looksmart!
                http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/302

                Ben Badgley
                __________
                Webmaster/My personal email account:
                dead-dog@...

              • Kay Roath
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 1999
                  06/04/1999 11:11 AM Ben Badgley wrote

                  > On 3 Jun 99, at 22:25, Von Winkle Karl R NPRI wrote:

                  > Jody,
                  > Thanks for the QUICK Answer but sadly.. I need the Characters to
                  > HTML/All Special Characters. It does not seem to be on the list?

                  Apparently, the Characters to HTML that can be used as a
                  toolbar icon or shortcut menu item is the same as the
                  Extended Chrs rather than All Special.

                  If you're a keyboard person (using English), you could use
                  Alt+M R A
                  If that key combo gets the right menu option for All Special
                  Chr on your system, then you could use a clip to do it.

                  ;---Start clip
                  H=All Special Characters
                  ^!Delay 1
                  ^!KeyBoard Alt+M R A
                  ;---end clip

                  non-English could still use a key combo but it would
                  probably be a different set of keys. You'd just need to go
                  through the menu & use the underlined keys instead of the
                  ones I used.

                  The Delay 1 is just in case you use Ctrl+SpaceBar to execute
                  the clip. It sometimes gives a keyboard error without the
                  delay.

                  --- Grandma Kay ---
                  http://notetab.kay.net