Re: [Clip] Filename for dos apps

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2000
      Hi Joe,

      > ^!Run \CS220\Programs\TASM\Tlink.exe [How do I put the name of the
      > current file here?]

      If you are speaking of the currently focused document in NoteTab, then I
      post the following clip on the chance that it could help out.

      You mentioned dos and I often find that with the dos type of exe's a need
      exists to first bring up the (dos) console then keyboard in (using Ntab clip
      to replace manually typing it in). That's what my clip below does anyway;
      it is for to run beginning Perl files.

      Well, no you may not need bring up the console, it would depend upon what
      you are doing.

      The clip follows. If it perchance be at all suitable for you, you would
      need to modify paths to the exe's and also alter the #perl part of the
      keyboard command to whatever your particular command is. If you do not
      bring up the console as a part of what you are doing, then the clip perhaps
      is of no value to you.

      ______clip begins below this line________
      H="runPerl_CurrDoc"
      ;In NoteTab, runs a currently focused Perl file
      ;brings up command console, runs a beginner Perl file
      ^!IfSame ^$Getext(^**)$ .plx Skip_2 Else Next
      ^!Info [L]^**^%nl% is not a .plx file and will not run under DOS.
      ^!Goto Exit
      ^!Set %curdoc%=^**
      ^!IfAppOpen "C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe" skip else next
      ^!cmd.exe
      ^!FocusApp "C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe"
      ^!Delay 3
      ^!Keyboard #perl ^%curdoc%# ENTER
      ;----<end of clip<<

      Regards. Alan.