^$IsBlank("Str")$ problem

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2000
      Hi all,

      ^!Info ^$IsBlank("^$GetSelection$")$

      also tried

      ^!Set %var%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Info ^$IsBlank("^%var%")$

      Using the above, *from the IsBlank function*:
      I got IsBlank to return a 1 when I selected spaces.

      I also got it to return a 1 when I selected tab(s).

      But a zero is all I could get for IsBlank to return when I selected line
      breaks.

      I even tried ^p and ^%NL% as the criteria and IsBlank still returned a zero.

      NTP 4.82 help section:

      ^$IsBlank("Str")$ (added in v4.8)
      Returns 1 if Str contains only blank characters (tabs, spacebar, line
      breaks, etc.), and 0 if it does not.

      For selected line breaks (and/or line breaks set into a variable), I seek
      enlightenment on this issue of IsBlank returning zero instead of returning a
      1.

      Can someone give example(s) circumstances (code used, etc.) in which they
      got IsBlank to return a 1 for a line break?

      Thanks. Alan.